The Phoenix Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Icebox... Under new management.

4 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Icebox... Under new management. Empty The Icebox... Under new management.

Post  Cruel Britannia Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:30 pm

The Original Icebox Gym and Dojo in Tampa, Florida. Originally opened by Dean Malenko, now operated by Ewan Edwards, Shawn Cortez and Jillian De Silva.

Ewan is taking a moment to look around the facilities. He steps in the ring and starts practicing some very painful looking high neck bridges.
Cruel Britannia
Cruel Britannia

Back to top Go down

The Icebox... Under new management. Empty Re: The Icebox... Under new management.

Post  Pockets Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:44 pm

Moira walks into the room in full workout gear, and stops, curiously watching Ewan.

Moira: Well, that doesn't look roit....
Pockets
Pockets

Back to top Go down

The Icebox... Under new management. Empty Re: The Icebox... Under new management.

Post  Cruel Britannia Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:47 pm

Ewan turns his head towards the voice, still holding the neck bridge.

Ewan: Oh.... hello there..... can I help you?
Cruel Britannia
Cruel Britannia

Back to top Go down

Post  Pockets Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:51 pm

Moira blinks at him.

Moira: Um... I dunno....

She gestures back out the door.

Moira: Jilly brought mey 'ere... said this was the place that she'd been tellin' mey about.... She's still gettin' ready....
Pockets
Pockets

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruel Britannia Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:55 pm

Ewan kips up and smiles at her.

Ewan: Oh..... you must be Moira...... Jilly talks about you all the time...... come in...... I'm Ewan.

He sits on the ropes to open them for Moira and extends his hand.
Cruel Britannia
Cruel Britannia

Back to top Go down

Post  Cryonix Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:58 pm

Jillian walks out of the locker room in her trademark UnderArmor sports bra and bike shorts. Her hair is pulled back into a ponytail with one strand of hair hanging in front of her eye. She seems to be on a cell phone and she's not very happy....

Jillian: Wha....again?......Ant, this is the fourth time this month you were supposed to come see me! I.......no, I know you're working....but so am I! I.........Don't, don't you turn this around and try to blame me for......No!.....alright, alright. No, I understand. Alright......yeah. I'll.....I'll talk to you soon. Mmmm-hmmm.....alright....yeah. Bye.

Jillian throws her phone into her gym bag and starts to walk to the ring, a bit upset....

Jillian: Oh...Moira. I see you've met Ewan. I would assume Shawn was going to be on time....but this is Shawn....
Cryonix
Cryonix

Back to top Go down

Post  Pockets Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:01 pm

Moira, grinning, accepts Ewan's invitation and lets him help her into the ring.

Moira: She did? Ewan... oh yeah, she's talked about you. Say's you're a 'ell of a wrestler.

She glances over, suddenly worried, at Jillian's entrance.

Moira: Wot's 'appened now, Jilly?
Pockets
Pockets

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruel Britannia Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:03 pm

Ewan looks at Jilly sheepishly.

Ewan: He....uh..... did it again huh?
Cruel Britannia
Cruel Britannia

Back to top Go down

Post  Pockets Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:06 pm

Moira leans over to Ewan, but talks loudly enough for Jillian to hear.

Moira: I keep tellin' 'er she's too good for that bloody bastard, but does she listen to mey? Nooo....
Pockets
Pockets

Back to top Go down

Post  Cryonix Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:11 pm

Jillian doesn't say anything, she just starts her normal warm up routine. She wipes the tears away from her eyes and steels herself....

Jillian: Nevermind that nonsense. We need to start getting Moira ready. Now....Moira, you've done a lot of hardcore wrestling, but here...we teach a style that is all about precision, timing and technical ability. Here...

The doors to the Icebox swing open and about seven girls walk in on Shawn Cortez's arm. They all give him a kiss as he smiles at each of them....

Shawn: Ladies, ladies, ladies....now, I know we've had an incredible night....well thirty six hours together....but you all can't expect me to remember all of your names. So, I will just say to my collective hoochie train....

...it's been fun, ladies.

Women: Good Night Shawn....don't work too hard.

Shawn: Pfft...no worries.

The women leave and Shawn slumps on a bench, looking in the ring. It dawns on him....

Shawn: Oh, crap....the new fish class. I totally forgot.

Jillian: Nice of you to join us, Cortez.

Shawn: Hey, look I would have been here on time.....but....pussy....so...
Cryonix
Cryonix

Back to top Go down

Post  Pockets Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Moira reels back in disgust.

Moira: Who... or wot... is that?
Pockets
Pockets

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruel Britannia Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:15 pm

Ewan smiles ironically.

Ewan: Tell me about it..... I mean I couldn't even count how many guys would give their right arm to spend time with her but.....

.....well you know Jilly when she's focused on something.

Ewan chuckles, almost sadly. He looks over at Shawn

...... Shawn..... one word...... Japan...... now focus......

He adresses Moira.

.....that..... is Shawn Cortez...... complete asshole..... but hell of a wrestler..... you get used to him.
Cruel Britannia
Cruel Britannia

Back to top Go down

Post  Pockets Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:17 pm

Moira: This is Shawn Cortez?
Pockets
Pockets

Back to top Go down

Post  Cryonix Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:19 pm

Shawn: Hey, hey, hey! You promised never to bring up Japan again, damnit. Now....is this the whole class? Just this....wait a sec, is this a joke? Did Dean put you guys up to this?

Jillian: ....and here...we....go....

Shawn: Why the hell is there a fifth grade boy in the ring? Is it fan club day or something?
Cryonix
Cryonix

Back to top Go down

Post  Pockets Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:20 pm

Moira glares at Shawn.

Moira: Who are you callin' a 5th grade boy?
Pockets
Pockets

Back to top Go down

Post  Cryonix Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:21 pm

Shawn: Um....since I don't know your name...I would answer that question by saying, "you....fifth grade boy in the ring."
Cryonix
Cryonix

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruel Britannia Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:21 pm

Ewan: Shawn.... This is Moira Crawford..... remember.... the WOMAN Jilly told us about?
Cruel Britannia
Cruel Britannia

Back to top Go down

Post  Pockets Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:22 pm

Moira crosses her arms.

Moira: I'm 19 years old! An' I ain't a boy!
Pockets
Pockets

Back to top Go down

Post  Cryonix Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:26 pm

Shawn pours himself a cup of coffee and laughs...

Shawn: This is Jilly's 'little sister'? Alright....stranger things have walked into this gym, I guess.

Jillian: Are you going to be of any help today, Shawn?

Shawn: W....ouch! What the fuck, did Ant bail on you again?

Jillian: I.....yes, he did.

Shawn: Ew....all kinds of shit happening this morning. Look, Jil...I didn't....

Jillian: Forget it. It's not your problem. Seriously...we need to get her some work in before Dean gets here.

Shawn: Eh.....alright, alright. I'll go get dressed and grab Dean's recommended workout list. Ewan....you want to start her with ring ropes? That should tire it out enough to get started.
Cryonix
Cryonix

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruel Britannia Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:28 pm

Ewan: Thank god......some actual work.

Ewan looks at Moira.

OK..... Jilly tells me you've done some.......wrestling before...... lets see you run the ropes.
Cruel Britannia
Cruel Britannia

Back to top Go down

Post  Pockets Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:30 pm

Moira: A little... Uncle Alex showed mey....

She looks upset, but brushes it off and starts running and bouncing off of the ropes.
Pockets
Pockets

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruel Britannia Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:34 pm

Ewan watches for a moment then pulls the top rope down as Moira is about to hit it. She tumbles over the rope but Ewan grabs her arms and stops her smacking her head on the concrete floor.

Ewan: Lesson one.... always grab the rope before you hit it.
Cruel Britannia
Cruel Britannia

Back to top Go down

Post  Pockets Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:37 pm

Moira pulls herself back into the ring using Ewan's arm.

Moira: You mean loik pullin' yourself into it?
Pockets
Pockets

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruel Britannia Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:43 pm

Ewan places his hand on the small of Moira's back to steady her as she climbs in.

Ewan: Kinda.... more like anchoring yourself..... in case you slip through..... or some asshole pulls the rope down..... here.... like this.....

Ewan demonstrates slowly at first, but is then running the ropes like a freight train.
Cruel Britannia
Cruel Britannia

Back to top Go down

Post  Pockets Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:47 pm

Moira imitates Ewan, slowly at first, but quickly catching on, and is soon running the ropes again.
Pockets
Pockets

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum