The Phoenix Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FWA Home Video Presents - "The Legacy Continues. The Best of Ewan Edwards." [Full DVD]

Go down

FWA Home Video Presents - "The Legacy Continues. The Best of Ewan Edwards." [Full DVD] Empty FWA Home Video Presents - "The Legacy Continues. The Best of Ewan Edwards." [Full DVD]

Post  Cruel Britannia Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:30 pm

FWA Home Video Presents - "The Legacy Continues. The Best of Ewan Edwards." [Full DVD] Ewan-Boxshot

YOUR FEATURE WILL BEGIN SHORTLY.
But first check out these great new products available soon from FWAShop.com!

Voice: Throughout history wars have been waged, for land, for religion....or simply for respect. Sometimes they can be avoided, but often....a confrontation is inevitable. A war is coming...which side are you on? Will you side with the fast-paced, no-limits, non-stop new breed of the FWA. Or would you rather allign yourself with the established legends of the sport in LOW? Well now the choice is yours, in FWA VS LOW: The Videogame! Featuring over 60 photo-realistic superstars, such as G-Rich, Ewan Edwards, Jillian De Silva, Triple H, Tazz and more! Now with 15 brand new match types – Including Mile High, Ladder in A Cage and the deadly Trial By Fire, advanced CAW system and all new career mode....this is the only wrestling game you'll ever need!
Coming soon on PS2, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii.

Jakks Pacific is proud to present it's new FWA Legends, deluxe series action figures.

Check out – Mike Curtis with “RealFeel” Human heart and realistic “Bitch-Slapping” Action!
Or how about “Sensational” Sean Kelleher, with authentic FWA Championship Belt! (Belt Cannot Be Removed)
And let's not forget our innovative new “Take The Blame” Ryan Hall doll! Are you tired of being punished for acting like a silly little asshole? No problem....just blame Ryan!

Mother: Litlle Johnny! Did you break Mommy's dild.....um....plastic decorative cucumber?
Little Johnny: It wasn't me mom...It's was Ryan!
Doll (In voice of Ryan Hall): Uh....My Bad.
Mother: Ryan Hall....You are a very naughty little wrestler.... no more FWA Title Shots for you....you're grounded mister!
Doll (In voice of Ryan Hall): Aww, crap....not again!

Voice: Available now from all good retail outlets.

TIME FOR OUR FEATURE PRESENTATION

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RR6Agfn3KT4

*“Eternal Life” by Jeff Buckley play as Ewan Edwards Tron flashes of the screen. As we fast-forward through some of the memorable moments we hear the voices of two narrators.*

Male Narrator: In the summer of 2006, a new face emerged in the world of professional wrestling.

Female Narrator: A total unknown, stepped into the Fantasy Wrestling Alliance, and rocked it to it's very foundation with his amazing blend of speed, strength, technical skill, charisma and of course a wrestling pedigree the likes of which had never been seen.

*A clip plays from Ewan's first FWA Promo.*

EE: For those of you who still don't know who I am...My name is Ewan Edwards.

Male Narrator: The latest descendant of the legendary but often forgotten Edwards wrestling dynasty brought his uniques style of Hard-Hitting, Straight-Shooting, No Gimmicks Needed Wrestling to the FWA. Seeking to restore his Family's legacy, and establish himself as one of the single greatest performers in the world today. A feat many believe he has accomplished....

Female Narrator: But we're going to give you the opportunity to decide for yourself, because over the course of the next two hours, we are going to take a close-up look at the career thus far of “Professional Wrestling's Living Legacy”.

Male Narrator: We'll be looking at seven of his greatest matches....hand picked by “The Legacy” himself.

Female Narrator: We'll be hearing from his friends, family and fellow wrestlers to find out what they REALLY think of this talented young veteran.

Male Narrator: And Ewan Edwards himself speaks openly and candidly about various aspects of his life....both inside and outside the ring.

Female Narrator: So sit back, relax and enjoy....as The Legacy Continues.

*We see a shot of Ewan, in plain clothes sitting on a sofa, “Shoot” Interview style.*

EE: Now....where do I begin? Well, I guess the beginning is as good a place as any.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=c9j_RZDqYc4

*”Clocks” by Coldplay begins to play as we see vidos and photo's of Ewan's childhood, the majority of which feature him wrestling in some shape or form*

Male Narrator: The youngest of three children born to the famous British Wrestling spouses Ian and Tamara Edwards, Ewan learnt his way around a wrestling ring at a very young age.

EE: I've said many times that I was wrestling before most men could walk or talk properly. People assume it's just a gimmick or that I'm trying to put myself over... but that's not the case. It's just a fact. I was rolling around wrestling rings when I was three years old.

*We now meet Ewan's father Ian, and old, grey but still obviously powerful man.*

Ian: I get a lot of people saying I'm cruel for training Ewan at such a young age....to which I say, I had no choice. I tried to tell him to wait until he graduated, but he wasn't having any of it. He was bugging me around the clock to teach him.

EE: Haha, I think I used to try and pick fights with him just to get him to wrestle me. He was a world champion at this point, and there I was...three year old Ewan Edwards “The Littlest Legacy” laying down a king-size punk card.

Ian: I gave in, in the end obviously, I took him out to the ring for a few minutes everyday, showed him the basics....but he was the one putting the hours of practice in.

EE: I loved training....it was just plain fun. It was a game to me. Some kids have a swing-set, some have a jungle-gym....I had a ring.

Ian: I remember once I got Ewan a 4 foot tall stuffed doll of the Dunamite Kid. He used to drag that thing out to the ring in the middle of the night and use it like a suplex dummy. I thought it was kinda cute, until about 5 years later when I realised that he had ripped out the stuffing and replaced it with rocks to make it heavier. That doll must have weighed about 80lbs...and here was this 8-year old kid throwing it around like a stuffed toy. That's when I knew he wasn't going to wait.

EE: That's when my training really began.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KDVQJX--cBc

*Ewan's first FWA Theme “Won't Back Down” by Fue lplays as we see a montage a Ewan training in the gym and sparring with various partners.*

EE: No more playing around....from that point on the sole focus of my life became wrestling, that was it. If I wasn't at school or sleeping I was training...hard.

Ian: I pushed him harder and harder every day....and he just kept on absorbing it like a sponge....His progress was constant.

EE: My dad knew exactly how to push my buttons....how to get the best out of me every minute of every session. Every time I started getting cocky or complaicent he knew how to bring me back down to earth. Every day I used to ask “Am I good enough yet?” and every day he used to say Not Yet. He was the one who showed me that good is never good enough. Haha to this day he still says Not Yet.

Ian Not Yet? Hahaha! That was bullshit and he knew it. He was better than all of us by the time he was 14.

EE: So yeah....that's what my life was like from the day I turned 8 to the day I turned 20...which is when my Big Break came. I heard FWA were doing a tour of the UK, . I wen't backstage to meet the guys and before I know it, G-Rich tells me he's been watching my development some of my work at local carnivals and whatnot....and he's asking me to go to America for n open tryout....I went.....and out of 300 guys from across the World....I was the only one who got a contract....not even a developmental contract!.....full 5 figure contract baby.

G-Rich: Ewan Edwards… man, he is a great competitor. He is one of, if not the, best competitor that I’ve ever seen. I knew about the great Edwards family due to my training across the world. When I went to England back when I was working with NAW and I saw Ewan at a local show. I went backstage and talked to some of the promoters there, and they told me that he was one of the best that they had ever seen. Boy, they were right. They told me about his family’s legacy and right then and there I knew that he a special talent. When I became the General Manager of FWA Ewan came over to America and I persuaded him to participate in an FWA tryout. Let’s just say that after that tryout, there was no debate about giving him a contract. I invited him into my office and told him that I wanted him to make his début at Mile High and compete in a Battle Royal for the newly created Television Title.

EE: I'm not sure why but G-Rich was willing to take a chance on me....I appreciated that....especially coming from someone with his reputation. I made an unspoken promise to him that day not to let him down...to make an impact....Which I guess brings me neatly to my first match.

Male Narrator: Mile High 2006. the FWA was in a boom period the likes of which had never been seen in professional wrestling. Boasting an impressive roster including Sean Kelleher, Ryan Hall, Mike Curtis, Nate Richardson and many more.

Female Voice: FWA looked to capitalise on it's popularity and financial stability by expanding it's roster further, and ensuring there would be a new line of superstars ready to replace the old. Which led to the creation of the new “Young Gun's” Championship. The FWA Television Title. A Battle Royal was held to crown the first champion, featuring some of the finest young talent in the FWA and the controversial début of a young Ewan Edwards.

[SIZE="3"]Mile High 2006
10 Man Battle Royal: Vacant FWA Television Championship[/SIZE]

Kurt Harrington: Ladies and Gentleman, it is now time to crown the first ever FWA Television Champion in a over the top 10 man battle royal!

*Maximillion comes out first with his butler and dog*

Kurt Harrington: Our first entrant….Maximillion!

*Maxamillion looks very angry coming into this match. He comes in and waits for the second entrant.*

*Thew Carvell’s entrance music blares through the PA as he is the next entrant.*

KH: And the second entrant…he is the Indie Lover….Thew Carvell!

*Thew Carvell comes in and starts to tackle Maxi down and impail him with hard punches to the face. He gets up and throws Maxi in the corner. Maxi throws him over the ropes but Thew hangs on and hits a spring board dropkick, sending Maxi into the ropes. He falls down and Thew regains him self as the third entrant comes in.*

THIRD ENTRANT (1: 05): MATT WALKER

*Matt comes in and him and Thew go head to head. Carvell manages to hit few punches but he overpowers him and manages to hit a body slam on him. Maxi catches Matt off guard and hits a neckbreaker. Then he picks both men up and clotheslines then to the ground. He then impales Matt with several stomps but Thew starts a fight with Maxi as they brawl and the next contestant makes his way to the ring.*

FOURTH ENTRY (2:03): ALEXX

*Alexx starts to pick up an already down Matt Walker and hits a hurricarana. Then he tosses Maxi aside and punches Tthew with rights. He waists no time and Samoan drops thew to the ground. Maxi mad by the shove takes down Alexx with a flying shoulder. Then he looks to toss alexx out of the ring! He looks to end his chance. And Thew makes the save by sweeping Maxi off his feet. Thew kicks maxi in the stomach to keep him down. Matt Walker then tries to eliminate Alexx as the next contestant makes his way to the ring*

FIFTH ENTRY (3: 11): POL NIKULIN

*Pol comes in and brawls with Thew as they both exchange tons of punches. Alexx is fighting his way back into the ring, and Maix is out of the ring catching his breathe. Matt takes punches which cause him to back off. Alexx comes in and delivers a diamond cutter on Matt Walker. Thew sets Pol down with a head scissors. Now Thew and Alexx are dualing once again with Alexx with the upper hand. Alexx finishes off with a snap mare. The sixth entrant make his way to the ring*

SIX ENTRANT ( 3:56): DMAC

*Its the return of Dmac as he makes his way to the ring to a standing ovation surprisingly. He sweeps house as he knocks down all of his opponents down a peg or two. He is running wild and is hitting move after move. He waits for Matt Walker to get up and hits a devastating D-Mark to his face. He keeps it going. Hitting a spine buster on Pol Nikulin! But Maxi catches him off guard with an eye rake. What a cheap shot. He is distracted though as his new opponent hits the ring.*

SEVENTH ENTRY (4:49): PARANOIA

*Paranoia makes a huge impact as he delivers a spring board axle smash to Maxi. Matt Walker stars a fight with Thew Carvell as Pol Nikulin fights for his life as Alexx and Dmac look to eliminate him. Maxi finally gets Paranoia down with an atomic drop. Pol fights Alexx and Damc off. He tries to get back in the ring but Maxi see him and takes advantage. Maxi runs into Pol and Pol is eliminated!*

FIRST ELIMINATION (6:01) : POL NIKULIN BY MAXIMILLION

*Pol is assisted to the back. While he is, the next entrant makes his way to the ring*

EIGHT ENTRY (6:10): MOUNTAIN RUSH

*Rush comes in but is knocked down by a Matt Walker boot to the face. Walker works on Rush in the corner as Thew is attacking DMac, Maxi is working on eliminating Paranoia, and Alexx is now pounding on Rush as the next entry makes his way in*

NINTH ENTRY (6:59): EWAN EDWARDS

*Dmac gets Thew off of him, throwing him into the corner somewhere, just so he can attack newcomer Ewan Edwards. Edwards hasn't entered yet and has already received a D-Mark. Ewan is dazed outside the ring. Thew catches Dmac with a snap mare. Maxi is now on the verge of being eliminated by Mountain Rush but comes back with a legal head butt and DDT. Alexx and Paranoia double team Matt with a double vertical suplex. Maxi has Mountain Rush down, so he takes care of a distracted Alexx and hurls him out of the ring!

SECOND ELIMINATION (7:39): ALEXX BY MAXIMILLION

*Alexx is angry but sees a lady and starts dancing to her but is pulled off by security. Maxi has been dominant so far, being responsible for two eliminations. He puts Paranoia in a German Suplex but stops when he hears the PA of the last entrant*

TENTH AND FINAL ENTRANT: MARK TEMPLEMAN (8:13)

*The two men throw punches but Mark gets control and hits a devastating powerbomb on Maxamillion. Mountain Rush hits a spear on Templeman taking him down. Thew Carvell is on the brink of being eliminated by DMac and Paranoia, but a hooplah has Dmac and Paronioa fighting. Mountain rush ran to a off guard Thew Carvell but Thew ducked and pulled the ropes down. Rush is out!*

THIRD ELIMINATION (8:44): MOUNTAIN RUSH BY THEW CARVELL

*Thew stares outside at a furious Rush and laughs. He doesn’t laughs for long as Dmac throws Paranoia into Thew and Thew goes into the barricade outside the ring!

FOURTH ELIMINATION (8:51): THEW CARVELL BY DMAC VIA PARANOIA

*Dmac then clotheslines Paranoia over the ropes to ensure the elimination*

FIFTH ELIMINATION (8:54): PARANOIA BY DMAC

*We are down to five, four in the ring. Ewan Edwards is still down! Matt Walker is getting taught a lesson by Mark Templeman with Dmac stomping away at the face of Maxamillion. Matt Walker gets advantage with a Russian leg sweep. He picks Mark up and hits a fabulous back breaker. Matt runs into the ring and delivers a striking knee to the face. He celebrates for a short while but Dmac hits the spine buster on Walker. Dmac then hits a big vertical suplex to send him crashing to the ground. Maxi has Mark down with a side walks slam and Mark has no choice but to regain by the ropes. Maxi looks to end his run but Mark send Maxamillion crushing to the ground.*

SIXTH ELIMINATION (10:14): MAXAMILLION BY MARK TEMPLEMAN

*Maxi is so mad he sweeps Mark out the ring and ambushes him, driving him into the stairs and kicking his side. He sends him back in. Matt Walker puts Dmac down with a full nelson slam. Then he turns to Mark and with the help of Maxi, eliminates Templeman.*

SEVENTH ELIMINATION (11:04) MARK TEMPLEMAN BY MATT WALKER

*Walker is so happy right now but his celebration is cut short when Dmac comes from behind and knocks Walker out of the ring. We have a new TV Champion!*

EIGHT ELIMINATION ( 11:11) MATT WALKER BY DMAC

*Dmac is hoping with joy as he gets mixed reactions, but the outside officials says that he hasn’t won yet. He says that everyone has been eliminated and asked for the TV title,but that sneaky rat Ewan Edwards comes in and knocks Dmac out of the ring for the win*

FINAL ELIMINATION (11:41) DMAC BY EWAN EDWARDS; EWAN WINS THE TV TITLE!

*Ewan is jumping with joy for this is his first FWA match, and he will be the first ever TV champion. DMac is outside out the ring pissed as the camera focuses in on Ewan celebrating. We hear from G-Rich before we return back to the interview with Ewan.*

G-Rich: Did I think that Ewan was going to win? Not at all. But believe it or not, Ewan outlasted great a few FWA veterans and won not only his first FWA match, but his first FWA Title. And this was his first time ever appearing in an FWA ring! If there is one word to describe the impact that he made when he first appeared in FWA, it would be remarkable. He was only 20 years old and he was beating people that had years more experience than he did. He skipped Smash and went straight to Fight Night and continued to impress. Come to think of it, I don’t know if I can think of a time where Ewan Edwards hasn’t impressed me.

EE: Naturally, There's been a lot of discussion about my tactics in the match. Now id' love to be able to sit here and say I was knocked out by that kick and fought back valiantly to win... but I can't....I played possum. Wrestling is cut-throat, man sometimes you need to stretch the rules a little bit. But in my defence, I won the match, and the title, and I went on to become one of the biggest stars in wrestling today. The guys who lost....I can't even tell you what the hell happened to those guys. That's how important I feel winning the TV Title was to my career.

Male Narrator: Whatever you may think of his tactics....”The Legacy” had become the first ever FWA Television Champion in his first ever match... a feat never before accomplished in wrestling history.

Female Narrator: But Edwards had no time to rest on his laurels. He competed against a string of hot newcomers and wily veterans over the course of the coming weeks on fight night.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IvpVSHmpeeI

*”A Bid Farewell” by Killswitch engage plays along with Jillian De Silva's Tron.*

Male Narrator: Most notably an encounter fans had been longing to see. Between the always technically-sound Edwards and Dean Malenko's finest protoge, The Queen Of Wrestling and top World Title Contender, Jillian De Silva.

Female Narrator: A match already made interesting enough by the sheer skills of the participants, is made even more fascinating in retrospect by the personal relationship which would develop between the two.

Male Narrator: But more on that later. For now just enjoy the mastery of two of the FWA's finest competing for the first and only time.

[SIZE="3"]
Fight Night, July 2006
Ewan Edwards VS Jillian De Silva[/SIZE]

Harrington: The following match is a non-title bout, scheduled for one fall…

*“A Bid Farewell” hits the speakers*

Harrington: Introducing first, weighing in at 140 pounds, she is the self proclaimed Queen of Wrestling, Jillian De Silvia!

*Jillian makes her way to the ring. Once she has entered the ring, “Won’t Back Down” comes over the speakers and Ewan Edwards begins walking down the aisle*

Harrington: And now, on his way to the ring, he is the current reigning Television Champion of the FWA, ladies and gentlemen, ‘The Legacy,’ Ewan Edwards!

*Once Edwards is in the ring he gives the ref his title and the bell tolls*

*The two circle each other, until they finally lock up. They push each other away, and begin circling once again. Another lock up and this time, Edwards puts on a headlock and wrenches in. Jillian begins to drive elbows into the abdomen of Ewan, but he then grabs her by the hair and pulls her down to the mat, then locks in another headlock, this time on the mat. Edwards has the hold applied for quite a while, then De Silvia finally manages to get back to a vertical base. Once she does, she knocks him off using some elbows, then runs into the ropes and bounces back to connect with a nice clothesline. As soon as Edwards hits the mat, De Silvia lands a leg drop then locks in a Fujiwara Arm Bar*

Landon: Edwards mentioned this hold and about how his mother disciplined him with it when he was only a boy! This must be a strange flashback for the TV Champion.

*Edwards tries to get out of the move, but De Silvia holds on, long and tight. When Edwards gets to his feet, he knees Jillian in the stomach and follows it up with a DDT. He begins kicking De Silvia in the stomach, then raises her to her feet. He spins her around quickly, and nails a perfect high angle back suplex. He covers her, but only gets 2. After the kick out, he applies a chin lock. After Edwards relinquishes this hold, he picks her up and throws her into the corner. Ewan then charges in, but Jillian lifts her foot, catching Ewan directly in the face, which causes him to fly backwards and turn his back to De Silvia. She then rushes up from behind and performs a German suplex-pin. She gets 2… They both get up, and Jillian once again rushes behind Edwards, this time hitting a beautiful Russian leg-sweep. She mounts Ewan and delivers a few punches to the head, then taunts to the crowd*

Piers: Ugh, don’t waste time, hunny… you’re in the ring with the Television Champion.

*As she taunts, Ewan Edwards gets back to his feet, and they both run at each other, hitting clotheslines at the same time! Both competitors are down. The referee administers the 10-count, but both make it to their feet after 5. Ewan kicks De Silvia, and then delivers 3 multiple snap suplexes. Ewan gets to his feet, and extends his arms in the air as the crowd boos. He climbs to the top rope, but Jillian quickly dives towards the top rope, hitting it, causing Ewan to fall crotch-first on the top turnbuckle. De Silvia lays on the mat, as Edwards is straddled, in pain, on the top rope. Jillian makes her way to her feet, then climbs the ropes. She sets him up for a top rope superplex, and hits it, but both competitors are injured from the fall. The referee begins the 10-count once again, this time getting to 8 before Jillian throws her arm over Ewan. 1, 2, KICKOUT!

Landon: Wooooow, that was a close call. If De Silvia can pin the champ tonight, you’ve gotta believe that she’ll be in line for a shot at the title.

Piers: I don’t have to believe anything you say, Landon.

*De Silvia gets to her feet, then brings Edwards to his feet too. It looks as if she is setting him up for the Widow’s Wail, but Edwards begins elbowing her to the side of the head, until she lets go of him. Ewan then scoops her up, and delivers a running powerslam before the cover. 1, 2, KICKOUT! After the kickout, Ewan stomps Jillian, repeatedly all over her body: head, back, legs, abdomen. Edwards then signals that “it’s over” and lifts her to her feet. He’s about to go for the Cruel Britania, but Jillian reverses it into a piledriver-looking move. She can’t regain her composure though, and both get to their feet at the same time. Jillian hits a few punches then scoops Ewan up into the air. Ewan forces his body weight backwards and then falls down! He then goes to clothesline Jillian, but Jillian ducks and Ewan takes out the ref! He turns around and Jillian nails him with a huge clothesline taking him out of the ring! Jillian is on fire, but turns around and gets nailed by a sickening chair shot from Kenneth Leblanc! Ewan rolls into the ring and glances at Kenneth who laughs and then flees from the ring! Ewan gets Jillian up and nails the Cruel Britania that he was looking for earlier! He lays on her, and gets the 3 count as the ref crawls over!*

Harrington: Ladies and gentlemen, your winner, Ewan Edwards!!

Male Narrator: A somewhat of an upset victory over Jillian De Silva, albeit controversial, helped establish Edwards as more than just a flash in the pan.

Female Narrator: But little did Ewan know at the time that this one encounter would be the catalyst for a relationship that would grow, both professionally and personally, into something far more valuable to him than any victory.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SsK90GWBVLY

*”I Alone” by Live plays as the Camera switches back to Ewan, he laughs dryly and looks to the left, as if asking permission from someone.*

EE: It's a question that I get asked more and more frequently nowadays...I'm sure you've already figured it out but, yes....yes I am dating Jillian.

*We see a montage of shots of Ewan and Jillians friendship, From The Royal Family to The Gold Standard, to the aftermath of his match at Betrayal, and everything in between.*

EE: People ask me if it's weird looking back on that match now...and I say not really. You have to understand that Wrestling, is what we do for a living. It's just like any other job. Jillian mounting me and beating the crap out of me is just like.....meeting the new girl at your office and cracking a couple of jokes by the water cooler...then thinking “I'd Hit That”. Of course after I thought I'd hit that....I actually did hit that....uh.....in the face....erm...with my fist. GOD Dammit! why do I always come out with innuendos when I'm talking about Jillian.....

Male Narrator: On our screens we saw them as two of the industries top stars united by a philosophy of what wrestling should be. Behind the scenes we saw an inseparable friendship. But what very few people saw was the emotions bubbling beneath the surface.

*The camera switches between shots of Ewan, who seems to be playing down the depth of his feelings and Ewan's big sister Erin who seems to be correcting everything he says.*

Erin: I'd never seen anyone have this kind of effect on Ewan.. In high-school, Ewan's world revolved around wrestling....he never did the dating thing....he never worried about finding a girl for Saturday night. He never needed too. By the time he was 16 he was 6'1”, 235lbs of ripped muscle and captain of the VARSITY wrestling team. Girls were throwing themselves at him....if he ever needed a date all he had to do was click his fingers. But he was indifferent to it...he didn't care. But then he got signed to FWA and met Jillian....and it was like his brain had just melted

EE:In our match, I thought, hey maybe...uh....maybe there could be something there.

Erin: He was totally smitten right away.

EE: I mean it wasn't love at first sight or anything.

Erin: It was love at first sight.

EE: I didn't do anything about it right away because...well there was a whole heap of personal shit going on that neither of us would like recorded on DVD for the rest of our lives....but needless to say I decided to play it cool for a while.

Erin: He “played it cool” for over a year. Haha.

EE: I just took my time waited for things to settle down. We stayed in touch when we both left FWA, but we were busy you know. Jillian was teaching at The Icebox and I was working the indies, but I tried to get up to Chicago to see her every now and then.

Erin: He was working six shows a week on the indies, on the seventh day, without fail, he would fly back to England, say hi to the family, grab some clean clothes and a shower and fly straight to Chicago. No food, no sleep, nothing. He said that every hour he spent sleeping was another hour he didn't get to see Jillian.

*Ewan is looking at the footage of his sister.*

EE: I want to take a moment to apologise to my nieces and nephews....because I am going to kill their mother. But yeah....in all seriousness...I had fallen for her pretty hard...and I'm still falling haha. But yeah to cut a long story short I saw an opportunity to tell her how I felt...it was the hardest thing I've ever done, but I'm glad I did it, because she felt the same, and she's made me happier than I ever thought I could be.

*The Camera switches to an interview with Jillian De Silva. She Smiles when asked about Ewan*

Jillian: (With the slightest hint of the Queen’s English): Ewan and I…God…The world really can find out anything on the internet, can’t they? Well, when he first came into the FWA, we really hit it off backstage, but as everyone knew, I was knee deep in the middle of a triangle. Ewan was the one confidant I had when Chloe and I had our falling out. God, I could remember going out and performing my hardest for the FWA fans every night on the road…and coming back and crying on Ewan’s shoulder about something…anything about that situation. He was one of the few people who understood that I wanted to succeed…not just as a great diva, but a great wrestler.

*Some more questions are asked off camera while we see a shot of Ewan and Jillian holding their respective championships. We return to the interview and Jillian smiles again…*

Jillian: Well, we both love sushi, that’s for sure…and I think only he will understand that comment. Um…wow…Yes, it’s all true. He would fly out to Chicago every chance he got to come drag me out of bed and get me moving around. He was the person who even organized my birthday party with Moira and Ashley O’Ryan. I won’t get into the details, but I was a mess back then. I was so torn up…but I always had Ewan there to talk to, to make me laugh.

*More questions…we see a photo of Ewan and Jillian laughing while Ashley O'Ryan and Moira Crawford engage in a strenuous drinking game in the background. Be go back to Jillian*

Jillian: Yeah…I would say there was mutual attraction from the start, but both of us are sticks in the mud. The two of us are so driven to be the absolute best in the world…and not just in the ring. Neither of have really had anything like this before. If we are being candid, yes, I love Anthony…and I always will. I just wish he would see that…but with Ewan it’s different. There is that spark of…familiarity...with Ewan, he and I are kindred spirits, you know?

*Jillian blushes…*

Jillian: Yeah…I love him. I think it’s always been staring both of us in the face…but we are just so careful by nature…

*We Switch back to Ewan, who is tearing up slightly.*

EE: You've probably heard about me getting heat from the boys in the back for “Pulling an Edge” but, to be honest I don't give a flying fuck. I love her...I love her more than I could ever put in words....so I'm gonna spend every waking hour of every day trying to make her half as happy as she's made me....Fuck what anybody else has to say about it... that's it.

*The camera fades to black.*

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nH4UEcDnbms

*The screen springs to life as “Disposable Teens” by Marilyn Manson plays. The screen shows clips of the story as Ewan tells it.*

EE: OK, So at Mile High I was jumped from behind by an FWA veteran by the name of Jack Of Diamonds....ever since then we had been building up to a match for the TV title at Trial By Fire. Now, one day I turn up for the FWA's 1st anniversary show...which was the Fight Night before Trial By Fire 2006....and I find out JOD has left the company....God knows why. Maybe he didn't want to be embarrassed by a rookie, or maybe he just wound up drunk in a quipster...I dunno...but I needed new competition for Trial By Fire.And the FWA decided I needed two opponents to replace Jack, who was always incredibly over with the fans... two of the hottest young stars in the company, Gourika and......Juvenile. That's right folks this is where it all began. FWA put in their substitute just so I could get a match at Trial By Fire... but little did they know it would turn into one of the longest running....and most profitable feuds in the company's history

Male Narrator: Trial By Fire 2006, Ewan Edwards defends his TV Title against Gourika and Juvenile... In a match that would drastically change the course of Edwards' career forever.
[SIZE="3"]
Trial By Fire 2006
Juvenile VS Gourika VS Ewan Edwards
FWA Television Championship[/SIZE]

*Ewan Edwards' theme "Eternal Life" rocks the arena.*

Landon Trafford: You know what does that mean?

Piers Gallagher: That you're you going to shut up!

Landon: No It's Tv Title time.

*The TV Champion makes his way down to the ring, taunting the crowd for some heat. The following superstar is Gourika Giannakopoulos. The crowd gives him heat too, while he's going the down to the ring. Tony Juvenile is the last TV title aspirant, to come down the ring. This last superstar receives the cheers they couldn't send to the others.*

Landon: This crowd is really into it tonight.

*The three men are in the ring, they all look at each other. The bell rings, Gourika & Ewan directly attack Juvenile. Gourika and Ewan both run toward him with a clothesline. Juvenile is knock off. Gourika & Edwards lift him up and suplexes him outside the ring. Right after the manoeuvre, Gourika slaps Edwards. Ewan looks surprise, but enchains with some punches. Edwards, then, kicks Gourika in the guts and puts him in an Abdominal Stretch.*

Landon: Ouch! That must hurt, but Gourika finally makes it to the ropes.

*1..2..3..Edwards stops the submission, but he pushes Gourika in the ropes, for a school boy cover. 1...2.. Juvenile gets up and put Gourika's feet on the rope and the ref sees it. Edwards sees Juvenile trying to get in the ring. So he tries to baseball slide his opponent, but Juvenile ducks it and pulls him down the ring. Both men are up, they exchange punches, Juvenile grabs a leg of ewan and pulls it down. During that moment, Gourika jumped off the ring onto both men. All three men are down. Gourika finally gets up, and pulls Juvenile in the ring, he enters it after. Gourika starts stomping his opponent. Then, he lifts him and irish whips Juvenile, whiletime, Ewan is getting up. Gourika runs at Juvenile and hits the Thessaloniki Drift.*

Piers: Cover, 1...2...WHAT? Where did he came from? Edwards just broke the cover.
Landon: WoW! That was like 2½ there.

*Edwards was able to break the pin. He then lifts Gourika and tries the London Dungeon. Gourika is in pain. He's tapping out, but Juvenile is distracting the referee.*

Landon: Ewan could easily recaptured the gold, but Juvenile is... he's hugging the referee?!

*Ewan unlocks the submission and goes on the Juvenile case. He kciks him in the guts and put him in a headlock. Juvenile reverse it into a Back Suplex. Cover by Juvenile 1...2... Edwards breaks it. Juvenile lifts Ewan, but this last one pushes him in the stomach to be freed of Juvenile grapple. Edwards, finally hits a modified facebuster on juvenile. Gourika, who got up slowly arrives at Edwards and tries to hit a quick hurracarana, but Edwards reverses it into a powerbomb outside the ring. Ewan returns to Juvenile, who is up. And out of nowhere Juvenile hits the F-O.*

Landon: The Cover on the champion, 1...2...3...Juvenile won the FWA tv championship.

Kurt Harrington: Here's your winner and NEW FWA Television Champion, Tony Juvenile.*

Female Narrator: For the first time in his career “The Legacy” had tasted defeat....and lost his championship in the process.Ewan was understandably upset but not for the reason you may think.

EE: I was pissed... not about losing the belt to Juvenile...hell he deserved it. I was upset about the way he got there. For him to earn his shot there was a match between him and Mike Curtis....winner gets the North American title shot....loser gets the TV Title shot. They basically said “The TV title is for losers” and I had just lost my belt to a “loser”....so what did that make me?.... I had to get revenge...I had to prove it was just a fluke

Male Narrator: But Ewan's quest for veneance would be quickly derailed. As Ewan's other opponent at Trial By Fire, Gourika< sought to make a name for himself at Ewan's expense. Crushing his larynx with a steel chair and putting him on the shelf for several weeks.

EE: The Ewan/Juvenile feud could have just dissappeared with my injury....but I couldn't let it go...especially when the Hardcore title opportunity presented itself.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=spYcp0ZB4nM

*”I predict a riot” by the Kaiser Chiefs plays as videos highlighting the brutality of the Hardcore title plays.*

Female Narrator: In order for the FWA's longest reigning Hardcore Champion, Ryan Hall to be eligible to challenge for Sean Kelleher's World Title, he was forced to vacate the Hardcore Championship. An open battle royal was held to crown a new champion. This presented the returning Ewan Edwards with an opportunity to even the score.

EE: I like to think I'm a pretty nice guy, but I do have a vindictive streak a mile wide. If somebody wrongs me....I like to pay them back in kind. Juvenile was looking to become a double champion..I wasn't going to allow that to happen...he robbed me of my title...I was going to rob him of his

Male Narrator: Despite his confidence and determination Edwards was all too aware that he was entering an unfamiliar....and brutal new enviroment.

EE: Was I nervous?....yes....I have no problem admitting it. I'd never been in a hardcore match in my life. Hold for hold....I'm probably the best in the world....but this wasn't a wrestling match....this was a collection of the most depraved individuals in the world beating the hell out of each other in an enviroment with no rules. All I could do is walk in ready to fight my ass off, and hope that in all the time I spent with Hardware in the Royal Family...something had....I dunno... rubbed off on me.

Female Narrator: If you have any children, FWA advise you send them out of the room. The following match contains graphic violence....as “The Legacy” gets extreme!

[SIZE="3"]
Fight Night, 2006
Hardcore Battle Royal:
Vacant FWA Hardcore Championship[/SIZE]

Landon: And now let’s get ready for something new and fresh the battle royal for the new vacant FWA Hardcore Championship.

Piers: Yeah! I’m ready to get into this one it’s looking to be a crazy match.

*Caroline Néron’s song Colle-toi à moi hits the arena and Alexx comes down to the ring with a huge wave of boos. Next is Ashley O’Ryan getting cheers from the crowd.*

Landon: Ashley looks great tonight, it might be his night.

Piers: Yeah! Like he could eliminate the Sexxitant Superstar!

*Ewan Edwards’ theme Eternal Life hits the arena and he makes his way down to the ring, while the crowd boos him. Gamble comes out with the usual respond from the crowd.*

Piers: Don’t they forget he signed for it, like all the others he’s worth as much.

*After Gamble comes out the 3 members of the Exercitus Creperum involved in this match, Marcus Sikvayugak and the Black Elite, Behemoth and Leviathon. They are getting booed heavily by the crowd. Leviathon and Behemoth move to the ring with absolutely no emotion or reaction to anything going on around them.*

Landon: What’s this? They don’t even move a nerve from boos?

Piers: Maybe, because they don’t give a damn about those people.

*Juvenile is next the crowd goes crazy for the NY fella. Mike Templeman is next, he gets a mixed reaction from the crowd. The Last, but not the least participant Thew Carvell comes out final, one thing weird is that the people who cheered for Templeman boos Carvell and vice-versa.*

Landon: What a great bunch of superstars.

Piers: It’s normal it’s “la crème de la crème” for this match.

Landon: Remember Piers, that to be eliminated, the superstar has to get pinned or submit.

Piers: I know this. I’m not stupid.

Landon: FWA, now I know you see the weapons all around the ring. The tables outside the ring, the chairs, the kendo sticks, etc. This is a hardcore battle royal folks, and this will be getting messy.

Piers: The FWA has really gone all out here giving these men tools to hurt eachother with. If you have children, folks, you might want to change the channel or cover their eyes, this will be getting messy.

*The bell rings and the match starts. Immediately upon the ringing of the bell Behemoth and
Leviathon attack Gamble, with Behemoth just picking Gamble up and throwing him to the floor.*

Landon: One last time, folks, this is a pinfall battle royal, not an old-fashioned over the top battle
royale. You are eliminated here when you are pinned or quit.

*The Black Elite follow Gamble to the floor. In the ring Ewan Edwards and Juvenille immediately go after eachother and brawl out of the ring and to the floor of the arena also. Thew and Ashley follow Juvenille and Ewan to the floor and attack Juvenille giving them a three-on-one advantage and the upper hand, however Mark Tmepleman follows them and begins fighting with the guards and Ewan Edwards, also.*

Piers:It seems like Templeman is working with Juvenille.

Landom: More likely it is Piers realizing that in a 10 person battle royal with two different three man groups involved, you cannot function 100% on your own if you want to win.

*Alexx has the upper hand on Marcus Sikvayugak and is punching him down in the corner of the ring.*

Landon: What mayhem!

*Outside of the ring Behemoth and Leviathon are just destroying Gamble. Behemoth sets Gamble up for “An Elite Burial” and hits it THROUGH A TABLE OUTSIDE THE RING!!*

Piers: Gamble is destroyed, all he needs now is to be pinned and he’ll be eliminated. Wait, the Black Elite, neither of them are pinning Gamble. They have rolled into the ring and are turning their attention to Alexx and leaving Gamble laying on the floor of the arena. What are they thinking?

*Back in the ring the Black Elite have taken the Sexxitant superstar off of Marcus and throw him to the ropes where Behemoth just levels him with a brutal looking lariat. Leviathon picks up Alexx up above his head and drives him down with a brutal looking gorilla press slam.*

Piers: The Black Elite are manhandling Alexx. Outside the ring, Ewan and the Royal Guards are putting the boots to Juvenille.

*Behemoth then picks up Alexx and Leviathon goes to the top rope and comes off with a devastating clothesline to Alexx who is on Behemoth’s shoulders.*

Landon: That is their version of the Doomsday Device, called “The Guillotine” for obvious reasons.

Piers: It almost looked like they really did remove Alexx’s head, what a devastating maneuver. Leviathon pins Alexx.

1…2…3… ALEXX IS ELIMINATED

Landon: There is some commotion in the crowd. OH NO!!

*Scorpion has jumped over the railing and has picked up Gamble on the outside of the ring and rolled him into the ring.*

Piers: This could get ugly.

*Scorpion reaches under the ring and grabs something, when he gets it out it is revealed that it is a 2x4 wrapped in barbed wire.*

Piers: Oh my, Scorpion and his Exercitus Creperum are going to destroy Gamble.

*Juvenille and Templeman are still outside the ring up the ramp way fighting off Ewan and the Royal Guards. They aren’t fighting a winning battle, but at the same time are definitely not losing either. Back in the ring, Scorpion slides into the ring with the 2x4 as Behemoth and Leviathon pick up Gamble and hold him leaving him wide open for Scorpion to hit him with the 2x4. Scorpion hits Gamble right in the chest with the 2x4 and pulls back and blood and skin just splatters off of him as he falls back to the ground. Scorpion then hits him 3 or 4 times in the back with the 2x4 shredding his back with the barbed wire and just decimating him physically with the 2x4 itself. Scorpion drops the 2x4 and tells the Black Elite to pick Gamble up again.*

Landon: Hasn’t this gone far enough? Someone needs to stop Scorpion!

*Scorpion walks around the Black Elite and grabs Gamble by the hair and starts saying something into his ear. What he says cannot be heard and his lips are hidden. After a few moments the Black Elite let go of Gamble and Scorpion hits him with the Scorpion Death Drop. Scorpion then motions for them to pick Gamble up again and has Behemoth put Gamble on his shoulders. Leviathon goes up top and they hit Gamble with the Guillotine and Leviathon pins him for the 1… 2… 3…*

Landon: Someone get some medical attention out here. Scorpion is out to absolutely kill Gamble. He is never going to stop.

*Scorpion picks Gamble up and throws him outside the ring. He points to Marcus, motions around his waist, and then hops out of the ring. Scorpion picks Gamble up and throws him over the barricade and forcefully takes Gamble out of the arena himself.*

Piers: Someone needs to help that man. Do not let Scorpion leave the building with Gamble. Someone back there needs to do something about what this man is doing.

*Outside the ring Juvenille and Mike Templeman seem to be getting the upperhand. Juvenille connected on a huge clothesline to Ewan Edwards and then desperation FO on Thew Carvell and then collapses himself, unable to even make a pin attempt. Templeman is getting the upperhand on Ashley O’Ryan finally hitting a chair shot. In exhaustion Templeman leans up against the crowd barrier when out of nowhere he is hit on the back of the head with a steel chair by a member of the crowd*

Piers: What the hell?

Landon: I don’t know but I guess someone out there really doesn’t like The Assassin

*Mark turns around holding the back of his head and the member of the crowd pulls down the hood on his hoody and its Dave “The Destroyer” Dackem with a bandage
around his head. Dave jumps and spins up onto the barrier so he’s facing away from Mark and then hits him with a flying pele kick!*

Landon: What Athleticism!

Piers: He looks pissed off!

*Dave then rolls Mark onto one of the tables at ringside and puts a steel chair on top of him and slides into the ring, the 3 members of the Exercitus Creperum simply watching the carnage in enjoyment, and then hits Mark with the Fade-Out 720 Moonsault on the outside of the ring.*

Piers: That had to hurt!

*Dave is kicking and punching Mark when Ewan Edwards walks up behind Dave holding Mark’s sledgehammer.*

Landon: Oh dear Ewan’s got that damn sledgehammer

*Ewan holds out the sledgehammer and passes it to Dave*

Piers: And he’s giving it to The Destroyer! I do believe this to be revenge time!

*Dave picks up Mark and leans him up against the crowd barrier again, Dave then smashes Mark straight in the forehead with the sledgehammer!*

Landon: That nearly took his head off!

Piers: Look at the crowd next to him; they’re covered in blood!

Landon: Ewan pins Templeman and gets 1… 2… 3!! Mike Templeman is eliminated.

Piers: Look at this, we are down to Ewan Edwards and the Royal Guards, Juvenille, and the Exercitus Creperum. This is almost a tag team match now.

*The Royal Guards and Juvenille are all slowly rising to their feet on the ramp. The Guards get their bearing and begin to beat down Juvenille again. Ewan Edwards comes over and hits Juvenille in the head with the sledgehammer he still has in his hand. Ewan stands over Juvenille laughing staring down at the carnage he just caused, the bloody Juvenille out cold on the floor. Before Ewan can make a pin, however, the Exercitus Creperum leave the ring and attack the Royal Family from behind.*

Landon: WHAT A BATTLE!! I’m not sure if the Guards andEwan can overcome those two monsters and Marcus Sikvayugak.

Piers: Leviathon, Behemoth, and a werewolf. Scorpion sure does keep some odd company.

Landon: And he just kidnapped a man who calls himself “the Reaper”.

Piers: Back to the match at hand, it looks like Ewan Edwards and the Royal Guards are slowly getting the upperhand.

*Ewan and the Guards fight the Exercitus Creperum back to the ring and roll them inside and get in the ring themselves. Ewan clotheslines Behemoth out of the ring and to the floor and then Ewan and Thew throw Leviathon to the floor. Thew then connects on Marcus with a hard roundhouse kick to the head, knocking Marcus to the ground. Ewan and Thew motion for Ashley O’Ryan to head to the top rope where Ashley comes off and connects with the Hangover. Ashley pins Marcus. 1… 2… NO! The Black Elite come in with chairs and break up the count!*

Landon: What a battle between these great superstars.

*Behemoth hits Thew with a chairshot, but then misses Ewan and Ewan dropkicks the chair back into Behemoth’s face, knocking him to the mat. Leviathon hits Ashley with his chair and again misses Ewan, Ewan kicks Leviathon in the gut and connects with a DDT on the chair that Leviathon had been holding. Ewan taunts to the crowd, and doesn’t see Juvenille roll into the ring behind him. Juvenille attacks Ewan knocking Ewan over the top and to the floor of the arena. Juvenille follows Ewan and Ewan and Juvenille continue their war. The five men in the ring are all slowly rising, Marcus being the first to his feet. The Exercitus Creperum get a quick advantage over the royal guards.*

Piers: Those three are just too much for any two men to handle. I’m not even sure any two men can defeat those two monsters by themselves.

*Leviathon hits a lariat on Ashley O’Ryan, knocking him to the mat and Behemoth throws They Carvell into the corner and splashes him. Marcus stands in waiting behind Ashley O’Ryan as the Black Elite set up Thew Carvell for the Guillotine. The Black Elite connect and pin Thew... 1… 2… 3!!*

Landon: Thew Carvell is eliminated from the match.

*Outside the ring Juvenille throws Ewan Edwards into the barrier and looks into the ring and sees the carnage going on. Juvenille backs away from Ewan as in the ring Marcus Sikvayugak puts Ashley O’Ryan in the Lethal Injection. Ashley has no place to go and the Black Elite begin stomping on Ashley as he is in the hold. Ashley taps out furiously trying to get out of the hold.*

Piers: What is Juvenille doing?

Landon: I think he is realizing that if he and Ewan Edwards fight right now the three men in the ring are going to destroy them both.

Piers: He better hope that Ewan Edwards gets the message because if Ewan doesn’t, they are doomed right now.

*The Exercitus Creperum roll out of the ring and Behemoth begins punching away at Ewan Edwards and Leviathon and Marcus begin fighting with Juvenille. Behemoth moves to slam Ewan into the ringpost, but Ewan blocks it and instead sends Behemoth into the ringpost. Edwards then goes and turns Marcus around and picks him up and drops him on the barricade. Juvenille punches away at big Leviathon and knocks the big man to the ground finally. Juvenille then looks to Ewan Edwards, both men’s hatred for the other showing through.*

Piers: What are they going to do?! If they go after eachother they are basically going to end up handing the hardcore title to Marcus Sikvayugak and the Exercitus Creperum.

*Juvenille motions to the three members of the Exercitus Creperum and says “After them, we go” to which Ewan shakes his head “yes” acknowledging their alliance of necessity in going against these three monsters. Juvenille rolls Leviathon into the ring as Ewan Edwards gets a chair and turns to Marcus Sikvayugak who is sitting against the wall with his head resting. Ewan hits what is basically a one-man Conchairto on Marcus, who is out on the floor. Ewan pins Marcus… 1… 2… BEHEMOTH BREAKS UP THE COVER!! Ewan and Behemoth, both large men in their own rights begin brawling on the outside of the ring. Inside the ring Juvenille is using his speed to his advantage against the bigger, somewhat stronger Leviathon. Juvenille throws Leviathon in the corner and hits the Roc-A-Splash. As Leviathon staggers out of the corner, Juvenille grabs him and hits the FO on the big man. Juvenille then goes to the ropes and connects with the Own.T!*

Landon: Juvenille is about to even the odds of this match considerably.

*Juvenille with the pin. 1… 2… 3!! The first member of the Black Elite is eliminated. Juvenille then rolls out of the ring, grabs another chair and hits Behemoth in the back of the head with it with a loud smash. Behemoth gets rocked forward and Ewan Edwards catches him and hits a snap suplex, and rolls and hits another, then a third. Ewan rolls one more time, and Juvenille drops the chair into place and Behemoth is snap suplexed one last time right on the chair. Juvenille pins Behemoth. 1… 2… 3!! The entire Black Elite is defeated!!*

Piers: Juvenille and Ewan Edwards have defeated the Black Elite! It is now down to Juvenille, Ewan Edwards, and Marcus Sikvayugak!

Landon: Who would have thought 3 weeks ago that Marcus Sikvayugak would be in a match like this left with Juvenille and Ewan Edwards. No matter the outcome of this match, Marcus Sikvayugak has proven that he is, in fact, a player in the FWA.

*Juvenille gets up and moves towards Marcus, but Ewan Edwards hits him from behind, ending their partnership with Marcus still in the match. Ewan is pounding away on Juvenille, using his size advantage, and the surprise attack just perpetrated, to gain the upper hand.*

Landon: These two have been fighting for a long time. Juvenille, in fact, is the one who beat Ewan Edwards for the Television Title a few months back, could we see a repeat of those events here tonight?

Piers: It looks like we wont, Ewan Edwards is putting the boots to Juvenille!

*Ewan picks Juvenille up and connects with a powerful looking running powerslam. Ewan with the pin. 1.. 2… JUVENILLE KICKS OUT!*

Landon: Ewan is beside himself, he can’t believe Juvenille is still kicking out.

*Ewan goes outside the ring and gets the sledgehammer he used earlier in the match. Ewan gets in the ring and is measuring Juvenille with the sledgehammer waiting for Juvenille to get up so he can unload on him. Juvenille gets up, Ewan moves in for the shot, but Juvenille ducks out of the way. Juvenille locks him in for the FO, AND CONNECTS!!*

Piers: Juvenille with the FO!! Juvenille is about to pin Ewan Edwards AGAIN!

*Juvenille pins… 1… 2…*

Landon: MARCUS SIKVAYUGAK BREAKS UP THE PIN!!!

*Marcus throws Juvenille to the ropes and goes for a clothesline, but Juvenille ducks it and hits the U-Not! Juvenille with the Own.T.*

Landon: Juvenille is about the pin his third member of Exercitus Creperum of the night!

*Juvenille pins. 1… 2… 3!!! Juvenille has eliminated Marcus Sikvayugak. Juvenille gets up and taunts to the crowd, but doesn’t see Ewan Edwards with the sledgehammer behind him. Ewan connects to the back of Juvenille’s head with a vicious looking sledgehammer shot. Juvenille falls into the ropes, Ewan turns him around and connects with the Cruel Britania.*

Landon: It looks like Ewan is going to win here, folks.

*Ewan then picks up Juvenille and connects with the London Dungeon. Juvenille is out in the Guillatine choke.*

Piers: Theres the bell!! EWAN EDWARDS IS THE NEW HARDCORE CHAMPION!!!

Landon: Ewan is celebrating in the ring, Juvenille is fallen, and somehow the other challengers, battered and bloody as they are, have all vacated the arena.

Fenale Narrator: Ewan had accomplished his goal of winning the Hardcore Champion, maintaing his undefeated record in battle royals, and most importantly evening the score with Juvenile. But this latest triumph, Edwards had unwittingly given the FWA both a problem and an opportunity.

EE: Basically....I screwed up the order of things in the FWA. The Television Championship was designed to be a reward for the lower-midcarders....obviouly that all changed when I swooped in, won it, my first night and then established myself as one of the top guys in this company. The only man who could beat me for it was Tony....a legitimate challenger for the North American Title (and future world champion.) Then I went and won the Hardcore Title....and the same thing happened. You had me with the Hardcore belt....Juvy with The TV belt....and Nate Richardson with a tight hold on The NA Belt....there was nothing for the undercard guys to aim for....and the FWA didn't want to create ANOTHER Title...so they came up with a slightly more unorthodox solution to fix the inbalance in the title picture...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=YEyDHXZoVLc

*”OK, Time For Plan B” by Enter Shikari plays as we are shown a video montage of the Edwards/Juvenile feud.*

EE: After the Hardcore battle royal, the fans couldn't get enough of me and Juvenile. Every show when we were in the ring at the same time, the ratings went up half a point... that's unheard of. So management decided to give the fans Edwards/Juvenile 3...and solve their title dilmma at the same time. It was gonna be title vs title. The winner keeps the belt of his choice...the other belt gets retired. But it was pretty common knoewledge that General Manager Daniel Sinclair was “encouraging” the winner to drop the belt in exchange for a North American Championship match. The lower carders get a belt....the winner of the match gets pushed into the main event scene, and order is restored.

Male Narrator: But Edwards was about to find out that the stakes were getting much, much higher.

EE: Juvy is about as anti authority as you can get....it's not a gimmick....that's what he's actually like....he never shy's away from getting heat off anybody. To cut out a long and pointless story....let's just say Juvenile disagreed with the concept of retiring one of the belts after the match....which pissed off Daniel Sinclair. Daniel didn't like being questioned....so he decided to take it one step further....not only would one of the championships be removed from FWA.....but so would the loser of the match.

*Ewan smiles sarcastically as we go into the match footage.*

Female Narrator: And now, will it be immortality or unemployment for Ewan as we take a look back at what many called the match of 2006. Ewan Edwards VS Tony Juvenile 3 in the first and only ever Ladder In A Cage Match.

Cruel Britannia
Cruel Britannia

Back to top Go down

FWA Home Video Presents - "The Legacy Continues. The Best of Ewan Edwards." [Full DVD] Empty Re: FWA Home Video Presents - "The Legacy Continues. The Best of Ewan Edwards." [Full DVD]

Post  Cruel Britannia Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:33 pm

[SIZE="3"]Fight Night, 2006.
Ladder In A Cage
Ewan Edwards VS Juvenile
All Or Nothing
[/SIZE]

*Flashing lights go off from above the ring as a steel cage can be seen lowering to the ring! However, the cage is a few metres wider so that there is space to walk around the outside, similar to the Hell in a Cell match, except there is no roof.*

Trafford: Are you ready, partner?

Gallagher: Oh, I’m ready. This is going to be something special. Title vs. Title, one man walks home with his championship intact, the other man just goes home.

Trafford: And I’m just getting word that not only will this match be title vs. title with the loser’s title getting taken off of FWA, but now the loser of the match will be forced to retire from FWA!

Gallagher: Oh my God! The stakes just got even higher!

*The bell then sounds as the camera zooms in on our ring announcer, Kurt
Harrington.*

Harrington: Ladies and gentlemen the following contest is a Ladder in a Cage match!

*Fans cheer loudly, with some even standing up as the announcer continues.*

Harrington: Where the only way to win is to climb the ladder and grab his respective title, and the loser’s championship will not only be taken off Fight Night, but the loser himself will also be forced to retire!

*Why We Thugs by Ice Cube goes off as they fans rise to their feet in anticipation for the TV Champion. The fans chant Juvenille as he then walks out from the curtain with his title belt hanging around his waist as the fans continue to cheer loudly for him and chant his name.*

Trafford: Here comes the TV Champ! What do you thinks going through his mind?

Gallagher: I don’t know or ever want to know. If a cage match wasn’t bad enough, throw a couple of ladders in their, put your title and career on the line and it gets that much worse.

Harrington: Introducing first, from New York City, weighing 230 pounds, he is the Talk of the New York, he is your Television Champion, ladies and gentlemen, this is Juvenille!

*Juvenille walks towards the cell and feels it out. He looks around at it before walking through the door, then climbing up the steps and going into the ring. Juvenille doesn’t let it faze him as he then lifts up his title belt and poses with it to the fans, who are clearly on his side. The music stops as the arena goes quiet.*

Harrington: And his opponent…

*Eternal Life by Jeff Buckley hits and the arena turns to boo’s. Then out walks the Hardcore Champion, Ewan Edwards, who soaks in the moment with fans yelling out insults at him.*

Gallagher: Well here comes another champ!

Trafford: Ewan Edwards, the Hardcore Champion, is one of the best pure mat wrestlers I’ve ever had the pleasure of seeing live, but tonight, the wrestling gets thrown out the window.

Gallagher: Ofcourse, these men are fighting for their careers!

Harrington: From London, England, weighing 260 pounds, the Legacy, the Hardcore Champion, ladies and gentlemen, this is Ewan Edwards!

*Fans continue to boo as Ewan continues to walk closer to the huge cage surrounding the ring. Juvenille stands in the ring, not taking his eyes off of Edwards as he slowly walks through the cage door and climbs into the ring.*

Trafford: I just got that feeling, Piers. And it’s telling me we’re in for something we’re never going to forget.

Gallagher: You’re exactly right. With the stakes so high, I can’t see either man giving up, I just can’t. We’re definitely in for a treat.

*Ewan kisses his title before handing it to the referee and then Juvenille does the same. The referee holds up both belts before a black cable lowers from the ceiling, and referee Jack Thompson attaches both title belts to the cable. The cable then rises to about 15 or 20 feet in the air, and both men look ready to go at it as the bell sounds and here we go! The two men go face to face as the crowd is electric. Juvenille starts talking smack to Ewan who smiles at him and goes to slap him, but Tony ducks it and starts working on Ewan with body shots and quick jabs! He then shoots Ewan off the ropes and ducks for a back body drop, but Ewan kicks him in the face! Ewan then runs off the ropes for a clothesline, but Juvenille ducks it, runs off the opposite ropes and collects Ewan with a leaping side heel kick to the jaw!

Ewan slides out of the ring in pain as Juvenille follows, not wanting to waste any time. He grabs Ewan by the hair and goes to ram it into the cage, but Ewan blocks it with his boot and elbows Juvenille in the gut, then bounces his skull right off the cage! Ewan then looks under the ring and grabs a ladder! He slides it into the ring, and then does the same to Juvenille. Ewan stomps away on Juvenille before getting him up and dropping him with a quick snap suplex. This gives him time to set up the ladder, but he opts not to climb up yet as he sees Juvenille getting up near the ropes. Ewan tries to clothesline Juvenille over the ropes to the outside, but Juvenille ducks his head and back drops Ewan over the ropes to the outside, and Ewan crashes into the cage back first and then lands badly on his neck!*

Trafford: Bad landing for Mr. Edwards!

Gallagher: I think we’ll be seeing a few more bad landings tonight!

*The fans cheer as this one could be over early! Juvenille looks around before noticing there’s no one to stop him, so he begins climbing the ladder! Juvenille is about half way there was Ewan can be seen getting to his knees on the outside! Juvenille is now on the third highest step on the ladder as he sees Ewan slide into the ring and get to his feet and begins climbing! Juvenille almost has the title in his grasp, but then he is met with a punch to the gut! Ewan then grabs Juvenille by the head, bounces it off the top of the ladder, then grabs Juvenille in a front facelock, leans back and nails a superplex off the top of the ladder and the two land with a sickening thud on the mat!*

Gallagher: Good Lord the impact!

*Both men are down as the fans cheer. After about half a minute Ewan gets to his knees and begins climbing the ladder, but there is some fight in Juvenille. Juvenille gets to his hands and knees and Ewan notices this. Ewan gets off the ladder, puts the boots into Juvenille and then tries to Irish whip him into the set up ladder, but Juvenille counters and whips Ewan harshly into ladder! The ladder tips over as Ewan stands holding his nose in pain, so Juvenille grabs him from behind and hits the U-Not!*

Trafford: Inventive backbreaker from the TV Champion!

*Juvenille goes back over to the ladder but doesn’t set it up. Instead, he leans it against the corner turnbuckle. He then goes back over to Ewan and leans him against the ladder in the corner. Tony then goes into the opposite corner and nails a Roc-A-Splash in the corner on Ewan, with his body being sandwiched between Juvenille and the ladder! Ewan stumbles groggily towards Juvenille while holding his back in pain as Juvenille lifts him up onto his shoulders for a Samoan Drop, but Ewan rakes his eyes! Ewan then slides down Juvenille’s back, pushes him face first into the ladder and with so much velocity that Juvenille goes flying over the ladder and the ropes to the outside!*

Trafford: He hit the ladder face first! Flesh met steel, and steel won!

*Ewan takes the time to catch his breath in the ring by leaving Juvenille on the outside by himself. Ewan holds his back in pain as he then begins to start climbing the ladder! Juvenille can be seen looking under the ring as Ewan continues his rise up the ladder. Juvenille then slides back into the ring with a weapon we can’t quite see, and Juvenille then puts it in front of him, which happens to be a steel chair, and bashes it over the back of Ewan Edwards! Ewan stands on the ladder writhing in pain as Juvenille then walks underneath Ewan and puts him on his shoulders in and electric chair position! Juvenille holds Ewan up for the move and just as he’s about to lean back and execute it, Ewan spins around so that he’s facing Juvenille as he falls down, but grabs Juvenille’s head in mid-air and spikes him down into a DDT on the chair that Juvenille previously used!*

Gallagher: What a counter!

*The crowd let out a huge ‘Oh!’ after that high impact move from the Hardcore Champion. Ewan slowly gets to his hands and knees before climbing back up the ladder. He stops half way, as his back appears to be killing him, but then continues. Ewan is on about the 4th last step from the top and the championship is almost within his grasp. He reaches out, but he’s too low to get it. He then climbs up another step, and Juvenille can now be seen on one knee with blood pouring all over his face as he begins to climb from the other side of the ladder. Ewan leans down and punches Juvenille as he makes his way up, causing Juvenille to fall from the ladder, but he lands on his feet and then hits the ladder with a standing dropkick, causing the ladder to tilt to the side and Ewan goes flying over the ropes and face first into the cage before crashing to the thin mats on the outside!*

Trafford: Oh my God!

Gallagher: How much more can these men possibly take?

*Juvenille, on his hands and knees, looks on in disbelief as Ewan’s body looks broken on the outside. Juvenille then grabs the ladder that is now leaning against the ropes and sets it up properly. He starts climbing slowly, but then looks over to Ewan on the outside. A sick look appears on Juvenille’s face as he then gets down from the ladder and goes to the outside, then begins laying into Ewan! He grabs him by the face and digs it into the cage, rubbing it violently into the steel as Ewan’s flesh crumbles against the cage! Juvenille then lets go and lifts a lifeless Ewan Edwards to his feet. He puts him up onto his shoulder in a batter ram position, then charges forward and sends Ewan face first into the cage like a missile!*

Trafford: Oh my God he’s busted open! And badly at that!

*Ewan is now also bloody, as Juvenille puts his hand over the open wound of Ewan, and then wipes the blood onto his chest. Juvenille poses for the screaming fans at ringside before grabbing the steps and setting them up near one of the corners of the cage. Juvenille grabs a seemingly defenceless Ewan Edwards and puts him inbetween his legs for what appears to be maybe a Piledriver on the steps! Juvenille goes for the move, but Ewan drops down onto his knees and low blows Juvenille! Ewan then takes advantage of the opportunity as he grabs Juvenille and gives him the Cruel Britania right onto the steel steps! Juvenille now looks like the one broken in half as Ewan then looks exhausted as he lies flat on his back! Some parts of the crowd boo Ewan, yet others still applaud the two’s efforts. Ewan slowly gets to his feet and has his sights on the championship hanging from above the ring. He slides into the ring, and then gets to his knees, then to his feet and climbs up the first step of the ladder. Ewan looks puffed out as Juvenille can be seen getting to his feet on the outside, using the ring apron to help himself do so. Ewan sees this, so he then gives Juvenille a baseball slide through the bottom rope, causing Juvenille’s back to crash against the steel!*

Trafford: This could be Ewan’s chance!

Gallagher: But will he go for it?

*Ewan then turns around and begins climbing the ladder again. Blood drips down his face as he slowly climbs step after step, one by one, very slowly. The fans boo as Ewan gets closer and closer as the match looks like it could be his, as well as the Hardcore Title! Ewan reaches out and is nearly there, then turns to his side and sees Juvenille on the top rope, who flies off and drives Ewan into the mat with a desperation spear! Both men are down, but Juvenille appears to have more in the tank as he gets back up to his feet after about 30 seconds. He starts climbing up the ladder, as he is also cut open badly and is a bloody mess. He reaches out for his title, but can feel something shaking as Ewan is using his feet to try and tip the ladder up, so he gets to his knees and gets the ladder to tip of causing Juvenille to fall off, but Juvenille reaches out and lands on the middle turnbuckle on one of the corners! Ewan sees this as he gets up and walks towards the corner where Juvenille is, but he suprises Ewan with a moonsault press!*

Trafford: Look at the athleticism! First he landed on the turnbuckles and balanced himself, and then he hit a perfectly timed and executed moonsault!

Gallagher: Completely nuts! That’s why he’s TV Champion!

*Ewan is down as Juvenille then gets to his feet and heads towards the ladder! He starts climbing as the fans cheer and some jump and down in anticipation, waiting to see if Juvenille can do it! Juvenille continues climbing up as he’s about an arms length and maybe a big more away! He continues climbing until the title is in his hand, but just then a chair flies up right into his face, a chair that Ewan threw! Juvenille looses balance and falls off the ladder, landing throat first on the top rope and he flings onto his back as the crowd look on in shock! Juvenille stars coughing as Ewan grabs the chair and repeatedly beats the shit out of Juvenille with it! Ewan then takes Juvenille to the outside, gets him on his knees and rests his head against the cage, then uses the steel chair to give him a one man con-chair-toe from the side as more blood streams down Juvenile’s face!*

Gallagher: God, what a con-chair-toe! This is sick!

*Ewan, barely able to stand, poses with the chair as Juvenile are down with his blood spilled all over the floor. Ewan then drops to his knees, pulls the covering over the ring apron back and looks under the ring, and he grabs a table! Ewan sets the table up, and it barely fits between the ring and the cage. Ewan places Juvenille on the table and climbs up to the top rope! He poses before attempting to dive off, but Juvenille gets up and makes a comeback with punches all over Ewan! He then climbs up with Ewan, punches him in the face and turns him around so that his back is facing the table on the outside of the ring. Juvenille then grabs him from the side and yells out before taking him down off the top rope, through the table on the outside with the F-O! The fans let out a huge ‘Oh!’ before a ‘Holy Shit!’ chant breaks out and both men look destroyed!*

Trafford: Jesus Christ! They could be dead! Both of them! Oh my God!

Gallagher: I have never seen anything like it!

Trafford: These men have bled, sweet and payed the price, and by God, it’s not over yet!

*Pieces of the table are scattered everywhere due to the force and impact from that move off the top rope as several replays are shown. Neither man has moved yet as the crowd are shocked, still with some chanting ‘Holy Shit’ while others look on with their hands over their mouths and on their heads in shock. After about 2 minutes pass we see Juvenille struggling to his feet. He rolls his carcass into the ring and crawls towards the ladder. He sets it up and rests against it before starting to climb, and Ewan Edwards can be seen trying to get up on the outside! The fans can’t believe it \as Ewan slowly, very slowly slides into the ring as Juvenille has nearly got the title in his hand! Ewan then gets to his feet, and with perhaps the last straw of energy he has, he pushes the ladder so that Juvenille is dangling from the top, hanging onto the cable! Ewan sees Juvenille’s legs near him as he jumps up and tries to grab them, but Juvenille is too high in the air! But Juvenille can’t hold on any longer as he drops down onto Ewan and he catches Juvenille on his shoulder! The crowd yell out in shock as Ewan then drives Juvenille into the mat with an over the shoulder powerslam, showing unbelievable strength!*

Trafford: NO WAY!

*Both men are laid out as a ‘This is Awesome’ chant breaks out! Ewan is lying flat on his gut as Ewan is out cold on his back. Fans continue to cheer loudly to see what happens next. Ewan can be seen struggling to his feet, as Juvenille is barely moving. Ewan grabs hold of the ladder and tries to left it up but barely has enough strength left. He then pulls himself up to his feet, tries again and this time gets the ladder up perfectly right underneath the two belts! Juvenille can be seen sliding out of the ring and it looks like he’s out of it, but he pulls out another ladder from underneath the ring! Juvenille slides it into the ring, climbs in and lifts it up, as Ewan doesn’t notice as he reaches out for the belt! Juvenille then holds the ladder horizontally on his shoulder and moves forward towards Ewan, ramming it right into his face causing him to fall off the ladder and he lands hard on his back! Juvenille then puts the ladder against the middle rope of the ring, and on about the 3rd step of the ladder, which is set up! Juvenille then places Ewan onto the ladder, and climbs on top of the ladder set up! Juvenille climbs to the top and could reach the belt if he wanted to, but instead jumps off with a flying splash from the second step from the top and turns in mid-air so that his body is perpendicular to how Ewan and the ladder is, but at the very last second Ewan moves and Juvenille lands gut first on the ladder!*

Trafford: Oh my God! We knew this was gonna be barbaric, but man, we didn’t expect this!

Gallagher: Why did he even do that!? The title was, literally, right in front of him! Hell, his entire career was just in front of him!

*Fans let off another loud ‘Oh!’ as Juvenille looks to be in bad shape! Ewan rests on the mat, as a small smile appears on his face, which can barely be seen as blood is basically covering Ewan’s entire face. He then uses the ropes to help himself to his feet as Juvenille lies on the mat, holding his gut in pain while spitting out blood! Ewan goes to climb the ladder, but then turns around, grabs Juvenille and throws him through the second rope to the outside! Ewan then moves the ladder Juvenille landed on into the corner and goes back to the ladder under the ring, but then has an idea as he sees Juvenille struggling to his feet in one of the corners of the cell. Ewan gets down off the ladder, runs towards the corner of the ring, runs up the steps of the ladder resting against the turnbuckles and then dives off with a giant crossbody onto Juvenille on the outside and both men fall back into the cage!*

Trafford: Good God!

Gallagher: What a dumb move, once again! What is wrong with these two?

Trafford: It’s the adrenaline, Piers! Both these men want to out-do the other and the crowd is loving it!

Gallagher: Damnit, the idea is to grab the title, not end you career! And these people are bloodthirsty animals! How could they enjoy the match when they are doing this!?!

*Ewan and Juvenille both lie in a mess as the crowd are still on their feet loving every minute! Moments pass before Ewan even moves and he rolls himself into the ring. Juvenille can be seen grabbing the leg of Ewan, preventing him from getting back into the ring. He does this and Ewan goes back to the outside and puts the boots into Juvenille. He gets him up to his feet and tries to give him a vertical suplex into the cage, but Juvenille slides down his back! Juvenille then grabs hold of Ewan from behind with a waist lock, then leans back and gives Ewan a German suplex into the cage, with the back of Ewan’s head going right into the cage before dropping harshly onto the mat!*

Trafford: Another move out of nowhere from Juvenille! You got to believe he’s back in it now!

Gallagher: Maybe now he’ll realize what the whole point of the match is! You don’t go jumping off ladders, you got to climb them and grab the title to save your career!

*A worn out Juvenille crawls on the ground before just managing to get himself into the ring. He crawls towards the ladder and uses it to help him to his feet. Then he begins climbing as the fans cheer, hoping for Juvenille to finally pull it off and win! Juvenille reaches, and the title is in his grasp, but he can’t quite pull it down with the top of his fingertips! He climbs another step and reaches out, and he has the title in both hands, but then sees Ewan on the other setting up another ladder right next to Juvenille! Juvenille sees this and tries to kick Ewan down, but he fights it off and continues climbing to the point where the two have turned to their sides and trade punches! Both are on different ladders set up right next to each other, trading punches as the fans cheer loudly, pretty much all in favour of Juvenille! However, Ewan seems to get the better of the situation, until Juvenile pokes Ewan in the eye! The fans cheer for the sneaky tactics from Juvenille, as Juvenille then leaps off the ladder for what looks like a clothesline to Ewan who’s on the ladder next to him, but Juvenille reaches back once he’s passed Ewan as he’s in mid-air and grabs a hold of Ewan’s head, as does Ewan, and both of them fall from the ladders onto the mat with a neckbreaker on each other!*

Trafford: What a move! I wonder who got the worse of it! These men are battling for their careers!

Gallagher: But at the end of it, one of them is going to be able to say it was all worth it!

*Once again both men are down and the crowd cheers loudly, as the majority of them are on their feet, in awe of what we’re witnessing. About a minute passes before either man moves. Juvenille is first to been seen struggling up to his knees and grabs hold of the ladder he was previously on and slowly begins climbing! Juvenille takes it one step at a time as the fans chant his name! Juvenille uses the crowd’s support to will him on as he then sees Ewan getting up on the other side of the ladder! Ewan meets Juvenille with a punch to the gut, but Juvenile responds with a punch to the face, then another and goes for the third to complete the 3KO, but Ewan ducks the last one, grabs Juvenille by the head and bounces it over the top of the ladder! Juvenille looks like he’s about to fall off as Ewan then reaches up and has both hands on the championships, but Juvenille then leans forward, puts his head inbetween Ewan’s legs, then leans back and back drops him off of the ladder, and keeps himself balanced on the ladder as Ewan crashes to the mat! The crowd is deafening as Juvenille then reaches up and pulls both titles down!*

Trafford: Juvenille has done it! He’s saved his title and his career!

*Why We Thugs by Ice Cube hits again as Juvenille stands victories on the top of the ladder, putting the TV Championship around his neck and holding up the Hardcore Title, which will now no longer be apart of FWA. Ewan Edwards is seen rolling out of the ring in pain, nearly in tears as his career in FWA has come to a screeching hault.*

Gallagher: That was one awesome match, Tony, but man I can’t help but feel bad for Ewan. He gave it everything he had, and he has nothing to be ashamed of.

*Juvenille climbs off the ladder and is now on the ring mat as the fans applaud him, and some even chant ‘Thank You Ewan’ as referee’s help him on his way down the aisle for the very last time. Juvenille watches his walk off and then drops the Hardcore Title onto the mat, and raises his TV
Championship.*

Male Narrator: And just like that, both the TV Title and Ewan Edwards time in FWA was history. The Hardcore title was also placed into retirement shortly afterward.

Female Narrator: And as for Ewan, he found himself in a position that was entirely new to him.

*For the first time in the DVD, it is completely silent apart from the sound of Ewan talking about his departure from FWA. The camera zooms in close on his face.*

EE: I was out of a job....just like that. It was kinda disheartening, knowing that after all I put into FWA i could be discarded so easily. But I couldn't dwell on it you know? I knew enough about the indipendant scene to know that I had to get my ass to work while my name still had some star power attached to it.....So hi-ho hi-ho it's back to the Indies I go....although I shouldn't really say back, because I'd never been there to begin with. Which, made it pretty tough fo me because it's a totally different world...and I simply didn't know how things worked. For example, I booked dates with two promotions in my first six months that went out of work before I could even debut.... and being as green as I was....I blamed myself for a long time....I thought”Hey these guys were doing fine before they started advertising my ass”....I just didn't understand how many new promotions go out of business nowadays....it was a real shock to the system. But then I got a phine call from my old buddy Thew Carvell saying he'd just got a job with this new company called Full Throttle Wrestling....a lot of familiar faces were there....Stu St.Clair, Ashley O'Ryan, Nick Arsen, Matt Pritch. And apparently they wanted me in the world title picture. So Iwent there, won the world title and retained it for the duration of my time there, which was probably about three months or so. It was FTW that rekindled my love for wrestling....and I thank them for that. That was pretty much the only place I really worked during my absence from FWA....although some of you may remember my brief return to FWA in early-mid 2007. I honestly don't know why I came back....I guess it was a sense of loyalty to the company or something....but I knew I'd made a mistake as soon as I walked through the door. When people ask me about this they ask me if was a dispute with management....well to be honest there was nobody to really have a dispute with. Greg was there but he had no real power over anything at that time....he was busy doing other things....he was just a figurehead really... FWA's fans that everything was hunky dory...but it wasn't. We all agreed we needed a leader, but we couldn't decide who. From what I recall, there were four names in the running.... Ryan Hall, Nick Arsen, Mountain Rush and me....and I just couldn't deal with it....it wasn't about the wrestling in FWA anymore. ..and I had other things going on. I was still FTW Champion.....and when I wasn't working, I was having a hell of a lot of fun with Jillian, teaching up at The Icebox....life was good for Ewan Edwards....I didn't have to deal with political bullshit....so I was out of there before anybody showed me a contract. And it seems I wasn't the only one....because about a month later....look who's name appears on the roster sheet....Ryan freaking Hall. I was shocked to say the least to see Mr. FWA in our neck of the woods....especially considering his notoriously high pay demands....I'd like to be able to tell you that he was successful in FTW but I didn't stick around long after that. Two reasons for that...

1.I knew they were planning a champion vs champion angle...FWA Champion Ryan Hall vs FTW Champion Ewan Edwards....never-ever been done before. I didn't want that to happen....not because I was scared of facing Hall....but because one of the titles would have lost all their value....either the championship I had built from the ground up....or the championship I had struggled my entire career to win... I couldn't allow that.
2.FTW operated on a shoestring budget....I knew that if they were paying Hall....they wouldn't be able to pay the electric bill.

So I made the decision to leave...with my undefeated streak intact....and my head held high. It was a tough decision to make but it was the right choice....because just one week later FTW went out of business....sad....real sad. But when one door closes another one opens.

*A photo of G-Rich signing Ewan to his first contract flashes on screen.*

Male Narrator: In an unexpected twist of fate, a blast from Ewan's past offers him one more shot at the big time.

EE: So....one day, I get a phone call....it's Greg. “Hey Ewan...let me talk to you man.....Big things are happening in the FWA.... I know you got burned the last time....and I know we don't exactly see eye to eye these days....but just trust me man....have I ever led you astray?....the new booking team is great.....Jillians back, Thew's back, Rush, Fury, Hart...the band is back together baby!....hell once my arm is done rehabbing I'm getting back in the ring myself.” Hell, that's all I needed to hear.... next thing I knew I'm on a plane to New York....the contract got signed....the deal was done and Ewan Edwards was back in the FWA....and they wasted no time throwing me right back in the fire....

Female Narrator: The very next day on FWA Mobile Alerts it was announced that at Trial By Fire 2007....Ewan would make his in-ring return against fellow veteran Pretender to the Legacy...in a submission match.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ5SVDYBNrY

*”Cult Of Personality plays as video highlights of AJ and Ewan's technical mastery begin to play.*

EE: It felt fantastic to be back in the FWA...the mood was completely different to the last time I was here...and it was made all the more sweeter by the fact I knew I would be making my return against Pretender to the Legacy. He's so much like me in so many ways....both come from a wrestling family....both making one hell of an impact in FWA when we arrived....but mostly being underutilised...well this match was our chance to shine. I had to put this match in the DVD collection....because it's probably the most underrated match of my career...I don't know if it would be called an all time classic but it's probably the most fun I've had in a wrestling ring since when I was a kid and I used to roll around with my damily....that's how natural this match felt...it just flows. So my advice to all of you watching at home is just kick back and enjoy it....I know I did.

Male Narrator: Indeed....let's enjoy these two technical wizards lock horns, in Ewan's long-awaited return to the FWA.
[SIZE="3"]
Trial By Fire 2007
“X Tournament Round 1”
Hart's Dungeon Submission Match with Special Guest Ref. Bret Hart
Pretender to the Legacy VS Ewan Edwards[/SIZE]

*Edwards comes out and the fans cheer him as he comes out. He gets into the ring and he starts playing to the crowd and he waits for his opponent. Then comes out Pretender to the Legacy and the fans are booing him and he is jawing at the crowd as he comes out and he gets into the face of Edwards and pushes him and Edwards comes back at him Then the Hitman’s music plays and the crowd erupts and he runs to the ring and gets in between them and tells them that this is an X tourney match and the only way you can win is to make your opponent tap out.

The bell rings and both men look at each other then go headlong at each other and start punching and kicking. Hart gets up first and he nails a nice clothesline on Edwards and he quickly goes for the Sharpshooter but Edwards gets out of it. He then picks Hart up and nails a DDT and he goes for a cover but Brett tells him that it is by submission only so Edwards gets up and puts on a STF but Hart breaks it and they both get up.

This match has been quick and both of them have been trying to put on moves and trying to make the other tap. When they cannot get each other to tap they start getting mad and they keep going after each other.

Hart comes off the ropes and he nails Edwards with a huge dropkick and Edwards falls to the ground. Hart picks Edwards up and he goes for the Ace of Harts. Edwards tries to get out of it and he can’t. Hart plants him right in the middle of the ring and then he signals for the Sharpshooter again. He puts it on this time and Edwards is in the middle of the ring and he is screaming in agony.

Brett goes and checks on him and Edwards still has not tapped but he is in the middle of the ring. He starts crawling for the ropes and he almost gets there AJ sees this and he lets go of the hold and starts punching Edwards in the back of the head. He picks Edwards up but Edwards is having a hard time standing because his legs hurt after the hold.

Edwards stands up and punches Hart in the face and then he hits him with a clothesline Hart gets up quickly and starts to come at Edwards. Edwards ducks and then he waits for Hart to turn around and he kicks him in the stomach and then he goes for the Cruel Britania and he hits it.

Hart’s head hits the mat really hard and Edwards goes over to him and he puts in a Fujiwara Armbar. Hart starts to scream in pain and Brett comes and checks on him AJ grabs Brett’s shirt and pushes him away as he is still screaming. Edwards keeps on pushing and pushing on the move. It is getting harder and harder for Hart to fight out of it. He tries to get to the ropes but Edwards pulls him back and he wrenches on the move more and this time Brett comes back over and AJ has no choice. His hand slowly taps the ground once.

Brett tells Edwards to give up the move and he does Edwards gets up and gets his hand raised. He looks at AJ who slides out of the ring and is holding his arm. Edwards is now moving on to the next round of the tournament.

*As we return from the match, the mood is mych more sombre.*

EE: Um...other than that match....I would face AJ one more time in a brilliant first blood match on Fight Night... which I also won. Unfortunately this would prove to be AJ's final Match in FWA. If you don't know...AJ broke his neck in a WWE tryout match shortly after this. Pretender to the Legacy was honestly one of the true greats in FWA history....I have no doubt he'll be in the hall of fame one day....it's just a shame that someone still so young and capable in that ring would have his career taken away so suddenly. Maybe one day they come up with some miracle surgery...to fix AJ up. But if they don't, I'd just like to take this opportunity to say it was an honour to be a part of AJ's last televised match... As refards the rumours that AJ resents me....or holds me responsible....you'll have to ask him....I honest to god don't know.

Male Narrator: Well, we did ask AJ, and we are now proud to present in his first interview since his retirement....The one and only Pretender to the Legacy!

*The scene switches to a dimly lit room, and a shoot interview with Pretender to the Legacy.*

Interviewer: Former 3rd Generation wrestler and short-time rival with "The Legacy" Ewan Edwards, the most decorated champion in FWA History, Mr. Pretender to the Legacy is here to comment on Ewan Edwards. To start off things Hart, tell us about how you came into the business.

Pretender to the Legacy: Well, similar to Ewan, I am a third-generation wrestler, i'm sure that he came in just like I did. I would go to shows with my grandpa and my father, and it just consumed me, the thought of being a hero, the thought of being a bad guy, it all fascinated me... It was what I always wanted to do...

Interviewer: Well, word has it AJ, that Ewan Edwards supposedly ended your career, is there any truth to that? Also, how can you be unbiased towards Edwards if he was responsible for your retirement?

Pretender to the Legacy: First off, i'm unbiased towards Edwards, because I respect the hell out of the guy. Him and I aren't enemy's anymore, and we're actually friends in real life, how can two men, so similar NOT be friends? Is there any truth that he ended my career? Look, he was the toughest opponent i've ever faced in my ENTIRE career. He did have a part in my retirement and i'm not ashamed, not many people can stand toe to toe with Ewan, and for that, I salute him...

Interviewer: What was it like being in the ring with someone so similar to you?

Pretender to the Legacy: Being in the ring with Ewan, was like no-other, like an out-of-body experience, everything I threw at him, he countered. Every time I connected with a punch, he threw it harder right back at me. If you followed my character in FWA at all, you'd know that I was all about competition and respect. Ewan brought it to me the two times we faced, he is the epitome of respect. We were so much alike, I knew in my mind there was no beating this man. He was just like me, just a step better. I just thought, "hey, yeah man, i'm a heel in character, but let's have some fun with this" and I think we showed how much we had fun in both of our matches. I have the utmost respect for that man, Ewan Edwards.

Interviewer: But there was never any hatred or jealousy towards Ewan? I mean, your the son of the great Bret Hart, didn't it bother you that you couldn't beat him?

Pretender to the Legacy: Absolutely not man... Why be hateful towards something you can't change? I mean sure, I could train and get better and do this and that, but you don't understand, when I was facing Ewan, I was at my peak, I didn't think I could get better, and I knew any more matches with Ewan would bring same results, and I didn't mind, I was happy that someone was getting over, by beating me. It was incredible, and it was fun and I wouldn't change one thing about it...

Interviewer: Well thank you for your time Pretender to the Legacy, any last comments before you leave?

Pretender to the Legacy: Yes, as a matter of a fact. "The Legacy" Ewan Edwards is exactly what he proves he is. Edwards is the top talent in FWA today, and I strongly believe that. He's the real deal and I just hope that the lucky men that get to face off against Ewan have the same enjoyment in the match that I did with both of ours...

Male Narrator: It is a sad fact in life...that from tragedy often spring great joy.

Female Narrator: AJ's retirement left Ewan without an opponent for Betrayal...little did we know this simple problem would have such a spectacular solution.

Cruel Britannia
Cruel Britannia

Back to top Go down

FWA Home Video Presents - "The Legacy Continues. The Best of Ewan Edwards." [Full DVD] Empty Re: FWA Home Video Presents - "The Legacy Continues. The Best of Ewan Edwards." [Full DVD]

Post  Cruel Britannia Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:34 pm

*We switch back to a shot of Ewan*

EE: I think it was actually Jillian's idea....but all I know for sure is that on the Fight Night before Betrayal, I still didn't know who I was gonna be facing... next thing I know...I'm in Matt's office and he telling me he's got me an opponent....It's G-Rich....Pure Wrestling... For the first time in my life I was physically speechless

Female Narrator: The match wrestling fans around the world had been waiting for, for nearly two years...was signed, sealed and delivered.

Male Narrator: The entire wrestling world was buzzing with anticipation....and the FWA fuelled the flames by hyping this match more than any other in wrestling history.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=N_yodO0pXoY

{The video package starts with many of the FWA superstars talking about the in ring work ethic of both men, all of them showering G-Rich and Ewan with praise. “What a wonder model of what a professional should be,” says Jillian De Silva of Ewan. “Greg? Greg can wrestle his ass off. I can’t wait to see this myself,” says the returning Ryan Hall. “Ewan and I go back awhile, but I would be hard pressed to find anyone better than my rival,” says the World Champion Tony Juvenile. “G-Rich…I don’t have enough time to tell you what I think of him…but that bastard can bring a man to the mat quicker than a hiccup,” says retired FWA star Mike Curtis. Short clips are shown of G-Rich holding the FWA title and they are merged with pictures of Ewan holding the Television championship and the Hardcore championship. A voice over starts amidst the music. “Two men…former champions collide this Sunday at ‘Betrayal’ as god intended…one on one…pure wrestling.” Clips of G-Rich and Ewan in the ring from this past Fight Night are show while being merged with clips of various suplexes, takedowns, inside cradles and other pin attempts performed by each competitor. The vignette ends with a after image of a solitary ring and both men’s faces merged into one, staring at the screen with fire in their eyes…}

*While the music remains, the screen returns to Ewan.*

EE: For as long as there has been wrestling there has been over-hyped dream matches that didn't live up to expectation...we all knew that wasn't going to be the case here. Not only would we deliver on the hype but we'd exceed it. There was never any doubt that this was going to be the greatest technical exchange any of us had ever seen....no storylines or personal vendettas, just wrestling.

Male Narrator: Or, at least that was the plan, but the friendly rivaly between Edwards and G-Rich became very personal....very quickly.

*Both men talk about their sides of the argument.G-Rich talks directly to Ewan.*

G-Rich: After I left as General Manager, we had a bit of a falling out, but when I returned to FWA last month, you welcomed me back with open arms and I’m grateful for that. But I wasn’t grateful about your comments to my friend Anthony Jackson.

EE: Basically G-Rich got himself involed in the situation with me and Jillian and Anthony....he got pissed because he seems to think I've been talking shit about his buddy Anthony...and I got pissed because as far as I was concerned...the matter was none of his business....I did nothing dishonest....and I had no ulterior motive, other than dealing with my feelings for Jillian.

G-Rich:I questioned your tactics and I still question them today. I don’t respect you as a man, but I respect you as a great wrestler. Maybe someday in the future I will respect you for who you are, but we never know what the future has in store for us.

EE: I was deeply upset that Greg would choose to make this personal....but in a way I'm glad he did. Because it pushed me forward...got rid of any personal respect for the man....so I was free to prove myself against one of the biggest legends of all time.

G-Rich: You beat my partner Thew in a tag match and proved that you were the best FWA had then, even better than the champion himself. But you weren’t better than me. And I had to put you to rest. That brings us to Betrayal, and we put on the greatest match that FWA has ever seen. “The Legacy” versus “The Richest Man In Wrestling”

EE: despite everything that happened between us....I still couldn't help but think about that silent promise I made when you signed me....To not let you down....to make an impact. I promised to give you everthing I had in me at Betrayal....and I did.

Female Narrator: Without any further ado...witness the spectacle that many are calling the defining match of our generation....Ewan Edwards Vs G-Rich....Pure Wrestling.

[SIZE="3"]Betrayal 2007
Pure Wrestling Match
Ewan Edwards VS G-Rich[/SIZE]

**The lights go out in the arena, and strobes begin to flash Red and Gold. Eternal Life by Jeff Buckley hits the speakers.**

Landon: Well, the wait seems to be over Piers because here comes Ewan Edwards. And man, this kid has been looking incredible since his return at Trial By Fire.

Piers: Make no mistake, Edwards is in the best shape of his career...and even on his worst day I'm not sure there's a man alive who can go hold for hold with Ewan Edwards.

**Ewan steps through the curtain and straight to the ring, seemingly oblivious to the noise that surrounds him. He climbs through the ropes and starts warming up inside the ring. When suddenly End Of Heartache by Killswitch Engage blares through the speakers and out walks G-Rich to a thunderous reception from the fans. G-Rich, usually more than willing to show boat for the people a little bit is unusually focused, storming straight into the ring and staring at Ewan with a fire in his eyes the likes of which we haven't seen in a long time.**

Landon: Well if anybody can out wrestle, “The Legacy” it's this man. The former two-time world champion, the legend that is G-Rich.

Piers: Gotta agree with you there Landon. Plus, as great as Edwards is, you can't ignore the experience of G-Rich. He's been to the top of the mountain, he's been in big match situations, and he has been there for most of his career. This one is too close to call.

Landon: Hey Piers, notice anything different about G-Rich tonight? He's not his usual nonchalant self. Don't you agree?

Piers: That depends....what does nonchalant mean?

Landon: Cool, cocky, composed.

Piers: Oh. In that case....no.... G-Rich looks pissed.

Landon: Are you allowed to say that?

Piers: It's a live pay-per-view....who's gonna stop me?

Landon: Good point... Now let's take it over to Kurt Harrington for the introductions.

Harrington: Ladies and Gentlemen, The following contest is scheduled for one fall, with no-time limit...and it will competed under Pure Wrestling rules. Introducing first, hailing from Hertfordshire, England, weighing in tonight at 260 pounds....he is....”The Legacy” Ewan Edwards!

**The crowd go wild. Ewan stands perfectly still.**

Harrington And his opponent....hailing from Bethlehem, New York, weighing in at 245 pounds, “The Richest Man In Professional Wrestling” and the “Greatest Inter promotional wrestler in the world, today” This Is G-Rich!

**G-Rich is equally still as he also gets a rowdy reaction from the fans.**

Harrington: Your referee for this match will be FWA Official Matt Trust.

**The ref calls the two men to the centre of the ring. Harrington holds the mic to his mouth while he gives the instructions.**

Trust: OK guys, I went through the rules in your locker rooms, but let me repeat myself. This match will be using ROH approved Pure Wrestling Rules. You will each have a total of three ropes breaks during the match. Once you have used all your rope breaks, you will be unable to break a pinfall or submission by touching the ropes. In addition, all holds which involve use of the rope will be perfectly legal. I want a nice clean match....so just like always no hair-pulling, biting, eye gouging or low blows. In addition, you MAY NOT use a closed fist strike... if you do, I will give you a formal warning...If you do it again, you will lose one of your rope breaks. If you have no rope breaks to deduct you WILL be disqualified. Ewan do you understand?

**Ewan nods**

Trust: G-Rich, do you understand?

**G-Rich nods**

Trust: All right gentlemen, when the bell rings, let's show them how it's done.

**Harrington leaves the ring and Matt Trust calls for the bell. The bell rings and the match is under way. The two men stand dead still in the middle of the ring, nose to nose, staring at each other intensely, until suddenly G-Rich unleashes an almighty slap across the face of Edwards. Ewan rubs his face and gives a wry grin, before slapping G-Rich back twice as hard. The shot sends G-Rich reeling but he quickly turns around and goes to punch Ewan in the face. However, G-Rich pulls back at the last minute, not wanting to be penalised. He starts circling the ring with frustration. Ewan make a Nuh-Uh gesture with his finger as the two men stalk each other. Finally they lock up in the middle of the ring.

G-Rich gets the initial upper hand with a side headlock, which Ewan quickly reverses into a hammerlock. Rich tries to spin round the back but Edwards has the escape routes blocked. G-Rich takes a step backwards and grabs Ewan’s head, flipping him over into a snap mare. Rich quickly tries to capitalise by taking Ewan’s head off with a vicious looking round kick, but Edwards ducks under and takes out G-Rich’s supporting leg, bringing him to the mat. Ewan immediately goes for the lateral press, but the referee can’t even count to one before G-Rich spins out into a front face lock. Ewan counters in similar fashion spinning through into a side wrist lock, but G-Rich escapes by rolling forwards and monkey-flipping Edwards off. But Ewan lands on his feet while Rich simultaneously performs a kip-up, resulting in a stalemate.

While the two men receive a round of applause from the crowd, they begin circling each other again. Both men looking to get the upper hand in the next exchange. They lock up again, spending a little bit more time jockeying for position this time around, struggling to grab a limb. Ewan gets the upper hand this time putting G-Rich in a tight top-wrist lock. Maintaining his grip, Ewan tries to get Rich off his feet with a series of short kicks and sweep attempts, but his vertical base is just too strong. Eventually Edwards makes some progress, using sheer strength to try and force G-Rich’s shoulders to the mat, but the legend is bridging out. Ewan tries to collapse Rich’s bridge by nudging him in the ribs with his near knee, but G-Rich doesn’t even wobble. Ewan performs a picture-perfect handstand, before bringing his entire 260lb body weight down on the abdomen of G-Rich but the bridge is still holding. Edwards repeats the process but still the legend holds on. Ewan attempts this a third time, but this time G-Rich gets his knees up and “The Legacy” comes crashing down gut first. Rich pushes up with his legs forcing Edwards off and rolls through reversing the hold. Ewan’s shoulders are down.

1....Kickout!

Like G-Rich, Edwards bridges out, but Rich still has the top-wrist lock sinched in tight. Edwards tries to roll through but the legend goes with the momentum and maintains the lock. Ewan tries the same thing again with similar results. He tries a third time and as he rolls through he catches Rich in a head scissors. G-Rich tries several times to kip-out of it, but fails. So G-Rich twists his body to get his feet on the mat, he then proceeds to jump from side to side like a pendulum to build momentum until he springboards out of the hold. Both superstars are back to their feet and Edwards wastes no time in charging G-Rich, going for a double leg take down, but Rich catches Ewan with a lightning fast, snap arm drag followed by a second and a third which sends Ewan reeling into the corner. G-Rich follows up, charging in, but Edwards moves out of the way so G-Rich goes shoulder first into the ring post. Ewan rolls G-Rich up with a victory roll!

1...2...Kickout!

G-Rich rolls Edwards over into a victory roll of his own!

1...2...Kickout!

Ewan rolls through again but keeps rolling, performing a “Chaos Theory” German suplex on G-Rich. Edwards bridges it!

1...2... Kickout!

G-Rich kicks out but he seems to be clutching the shoulder that went into the post. It seems that Ewan has drawn the proverbial “First Blood” in this match, and Edwards wastes no time capitalising on it. He grabs the injured arm locks it in an arm wringer and begins working it over with a series of hard elbow shots. Ewan then proceeds to drive G-Rich into the mat and lock in his trademark Fujiwara Arm bar. The pain is etched on G-Rich’s face as he tries to escape the hold, but Ewan is using his bodyweight to keep the legend pinned down. G-Rich uses the leverage to reverse into an inverted crucifix.

1...2...Kickout!

Ewan pops his hips and gets right back into the Fujiwara Arm bar. G-Rich contemplates grabbing the ropes to break the hold, but he stops himself, unwilling to give up a rope break that easily. Instead he pushes upwards with his good arm, rolls through and gets to his feet. But Edwards is still torquing the arm, he refuses to release the hold! With his free arm G-Rich starts hitting Ewan with a series of brutal open hand palm strikes to the face. Ewan releases the hold, but fires back with a forearm shot, G-Rich responds with one of his own. Palm strike from Edwards. Palm strike from G-Rich. The two warriors are now standing toe to toe in the middle of the ring, exchanging a series of legal, yet vicious blows. The match has now become a blur of hands and feet, it’s impossible to see who has the upper hand. But suddenly the flurry becomes more one sided as Rich’s MMA experience comes into play. Hands, feet, knees, elbows if it can be used offensively Ewan is getting hit with it. G-Rich backs Ewan into the corner with his strikes where he continues to get pummelled. Edwards is limp in the corner, being held up only by the ropes as the crowd chant “F**k him up G-Rich, f**k him up”. G-Rich measures up, and fires a high round kick to take Ewan’s head off. But “The Legacy” ducks under and once again catches G-Rich with the Fujiwara Arm bar out of instinct, and Rich has no option but to grab the ropes. The referee orders Ewan to break the hold.**

Harrington: G-Rich has two rope breaks remaining.

**Both men are down, G-Rich grabbing his arm, and Ewan laying motionless with a glazed-over look in his eyes and a large knot already appearing over his left eye. The referee counts both men.

G-Rich crawls over and covers Ewan at the count of six.

1...2...Kickout!

Ewan gets the shoulder up and starts to regain his faculties, but G-Rich allows him no time to recover, immediately picking him up and throwing him into the ropes, as he rebounds G-Rich locks in a picture-perfect sleeper hold. Edwards struggles ferociously but begins to fade after a minute or so. Ewan drops to a knee, then both knees, Edwards appears to be unconscious. The referee checks by raising his arm.

1...2....Saved!

On the third raise Ewan keeps his arms aloft, and fights back to his feet. He tries to break free of G-Rich’s grasp by twisting G-Rich’s damaged left arm. Edwards succeeds and hits the ropes, he bounces back attempting a shoulder block, but Rich drops down, grabs Ewan’s legs and in the blink of an eye rolls through and applies his trademark sharpshooter. Ewan struggles bravely to reach the ropes as G-Rich wrenches this notoriously painful hold, but he is in the dead centre of the ring. Ewan doesn’t even contemplate quitting as he digs down deep and uses all of his strength to push up to relieve the pressure on his back and legs. Suddenly “The Legacy” spins onto his back to untwist his legs, he then rolls backwards taking G-Rich with him and sending him flying once again, shoulder first into the ring post. As G-Rich turns back doubled over and clutching his shoulder in pain Ewan lifts him up for the cradle Tombstone Piledriver he calls Cruel Britannia. But G-Rich has the presence of mind to float over and hit the Stock Market Crash! He covers!

1...2...Rope Break!

Edwards just gets his foot on the ropes at 2 and a half.**

Harrington: Ewan Edwards has two rope breaks remaining.

**The crowd are really buzzing now chanting “This is awesome!”.G-Rich resumes the assault on Edwards, dragging him to the centre of the ring and applying a camel clutch to work over the back which must still be sore from the Stock Market Crash. As Rich wrenches back on the neck and spine of Ewan Edwards, he shows his veteran instincts by adding a little extra pain by grinding his forearm on the knot on Ewan’s forehead he caused earlier in the match. Since Ewan would be unable to tap in this position the ref asks Ewan if he quits, to which the Brit responds by screaming NO! In fact the question seems to infuriate Edwards as he increases his efforts to escape. He starts firing a rapid fire sequence of short back elbows into the ribs of G-Rich forcing him to release Ewan’s arms. Ewan then grabs Rich’s head and pulls him forward into a snap mare, Ewan pulls back on both of G-rich legs for a quick cover.

1...2...Kickout!

G-Rich rolls Edwards forward into a victory roll.

1...2...Kickout!

Reversed again by Edwards

1...2...Kickout!

G-Rich gets up quickly and charges at Edwards, but Edwards catches him with a Japanese arm drag, but Rich gets right back up and runs into a high hip toss, and then a flapjack. The momentum is well and truly with Ewan Edwards now as he picks G-Rich up and hits a hard running power slam. Cover!

1...2...Kickout!

G-Rich gets the shoulder up. But Edwards immediately climbs to the top turn-buckle. Swan dive Head butt! Covers again!

1...2...Kickout!

Everyone is in shock that G-Rich keeps kicking out of Edwards’ best moves. But “The Legacy” seems ready to finish it. He picks up G-Rich and sets for Cruel Britannia one more time. But yet again G-Rich floats over and this time locks in the Apocalypse. Once again G-Rich is putting incredible pressure on Edwards back, G-Rich may have Edwards beaten....but he’s too close to the ropes. Ewan uses his second rope break.**

Harrington: Ewan Edwards has one rope break remaining.

**G-Rich is becoming frustrated, he looks to end the match quickly. He picks up Ewan in position for “The Aftershock”. This will be the end if he hits it, nobody has ever survived all of G-Rich’s finishers. As Rich spins Edwards to complete the move, Ewan lands on his feet and tilt-a-whirls G-Rich on to his shoulders and finally hits Cruel Britannia! But he’s too tired to capitalise straight away. Eventually Ewan crawls over and covers!

1...2...Rope Break!

G-Rich just manages to get the tip of his toe on the bottom rope.**

Harrington: G-Rich has one rope break remaining.

**Both men lay on the mat exhausted the referee starts his count.

Both men stagger to their feet at the count of 9. G-Rich runs at Ewan and attempts a clothesline, Ewan ducks under, hits Rich with a straight boot to the gut, grabs a front face lock and attempts the high-angle DDT which sets up London Dungeon. But G-Rich shifts his weight and reverses it into his patented belly to belly suplex. But they are too close to the ropes, Ewan bounces straight back, rolls through into the DDT and locks in the mounted guillotine choke known as London Dungeon! Ewan is blocking the path between Rich and the ropes so his final rope break is not an option. G-Rich is either going to tap-out or pass-out! But the technical master G-Rich finds a third option. He uses his free arms to grab one of Ewan’s and lock in a Kimura! The crowd are willing both men on in this battle of the submission holds chanting “Let’s go Ewan, Let’s go G-Rich!” Finally G-Rich manages to free his head and add real pressure to the Kimura. Just as it looks like he is about to break Ewan’s arm Edwards grabs the rope and the ref breaks the hold.**

Harrington: Ewan Edwards has no rope breaks remaining.

**There is no pause in the action. G-Rich immediately grabs Edwards and hits a T-Bone suplex, but he holds on and hits a second, and a third. Edwards hits G-Rich with some knees to the ribs, he the switches behind, applies a full nelson and hits a dragon suplex, and another, and a third, and a fourth. Miraculously the game of one upsmanship continues as G-Rich reverses again and hits four of his patented German suplexes, but before he can hit number five, Ewan blocks, switches behind and tries to lock in a cross face chickenwing on G-Rich’s bad arm. But Rich uses his good arm to stop Ewan from completing the hold. Just as it looks like Edwards is going to clasp his hands G-Rich lashes out in anger and hits Ewan in the face with a closed fist, that drops Ewan to the mat. We hear the ref admonish G-Rich.**

Trust: I’m gonna put that down to instinct. But if you do it again you lose a rope break get it?

G-Rich: Yeah I get it.

**G-Rich looks at Ewan climbing back to his feet with disdain, we then see him mouth the words “Screw it” and he decks Ewan with a sickening right hand that sounds like a 110mph fast ball hitting a freshly oiled catchers mitt. G-Rich is deducted his final rope break.**

Harrington: G-Rich has no rope breaks remaining.

**We see a close up of Ewan’s face and the knot on his head has been busted open down to the bone. Blood is starting to gush from the wound and Ewan is covered within seconds. In the meantime G-Rich has uncharacteristically climbed to the top rope looking for a final Big Bang to finish off “The Legacy”. As Ewan reaches his feet G-Rich takes one giant leap looking for a flying clothesline but Ewan is able to grab the arm in mid air, and hit a vicious arm breaker. It looks at first as if he is going for the Fujiwara arm bar again, but instead he locks in a cross face, also known as “The Black Widow” Jillian De Silva’s submission of choice. We hear G-Rich scream in agony. With his injured arm being wrenched and no rope breaks remaining, G-Rich appears to be in trouble. But the resourceful veteran finds another use for the ropes, using them to help him pull himself to his feet with Edwards still on his back! Using his free hand he grabs Ewan's head and drops backwards hitting an Emerald Fusion! Cover!

1....2............Kickout!

Ewan just manages to get the shoulder up through sheer instinct, but he is out cold and bleeding profusely G-Rich is pulling himself to his feet and desperately shaking his limp left arm trying to get some feeling back. G-Rich hoists Ewan over his shoulder and places him on the top rope, giving him another stiff palm strike for good measure. Rich climbs up as well seemingly looking for a superplex to finish his opponent off. But Ewan suddenly springs to life, nailing a series of hard forearms. He lifts G-Rich over his shoulder. He is going to attempt a top rope Cruel Britannia! They take the plunge but G-Rich locks up Ewan’s head and arm in mid-air and sinks in a Triangle Choke as they land! The crowd are in a stunned silence about what they are witnessing. The hold is locked in tight. Ewan raises his hand as if he is going to submit. G-Rich can be heard screaming TAP! TAP! But instead of tapping Ewan looks up with his face covered in blood and gives G-Rich “The Finger”, Edwards isn’t finished yet. He uses his free hand to help lift G-Rich up while still in the Triangle Choke, he smashes Rich’s head into the bottom turn-buckle, and again, and again G-Rich just won’t let go. Ewan hoists Rich up further, takes a running start and hits a beautiful power bomb. G-Rich’s shoulders are down.

1...2.......Kickout!

G-Rich gets the shoulder up and the Triangle Choke is still locked in. Edwards seems drained, he tries to push himself off the mat one last time, but G-Rich just tightens the hold. Suddenly Ewan’s body goes completely limp. The referee checks to see if Ewan can continue.**

Trust: Ewan? Do you want to carry on? Ewan, if you don’t respond I’m going to stop the fight.....Ring the bell!

**The bell rings and both men lie motionless on the mat.**

Harrington: Here is your winner - G-Rich!

Landon: My god Piers. What have we just seen?

Piers; We’ve just seen the greatest wrestling match of our generation that’s what we’ve just seen!

Landon: Without a doubt....I just hope they’re both OK.

**End Of Heartache plays as G-Rich gets to his feet, with his left arm completely limp by his side. Although you can barely hear the music over the chants of “Thank you G-Rich, Thank-You Ewan!” As G-Rich celebrates his hard earned win, Edwards is still motionless in a pool of blood. The FWA resident physician Dr. Timothy Robson runs to the ring closely followed by a visibly upset 7Jillian De Silva, who both surround Edwards.**

Piers: What’s Jillian doing out here?

Landon: She’s concerned for her team-mate?

Piers: Yeah....right “Team-mate”....you've heard the rumours... she seems awfully shaken up for just a team mate.

Landon: You’re right there.

**Ewan regains consciousness and starts getting to his feet, he pushes the doctor away while Jillian helps him stand. He walks over to G-Rich and extends his hand. G-Rich hesitates while the crowd chant “Shake his hand”. G-Rich accepts the the handshake....albeit with a sinister smirk, Ewan looks confused.**

Landon: That’s the way it should be Piers!

Piers: Yeah....but that’s not exactly a friendly grin on G-Rich’s face Landon....I don’t think we’ve seen the last of this rivalry.

Male Narrator: Despite losing the match...Ewan never gave up....and he made an impression on the entire wrestling world....one man in particular.

G-Rich: It was a tremendous match and I’m proud to have been a part of it. We traded hold for hold, strike for strike. You gave it your all and I gave it mine and I go have to commend you on the fact that you always give it your all. That’s what makes you stand out from the rest. You give 110% every time you step into that ring. You put forth your best effort, but you couldn’t defeat this legend. You are a tremendous in-ring competitor, but now you know that it was G-Rich who ended your streak. Your streak was great while it lasted, but I had to put an end to it. Despite my feelings towards you now, I consider my victory over you in the Pure Wrestling match the greatest victory that I have ever had. I am happier about that victory than either of my title wins, because I know that I beat the greatest pure wrestling talent that FWA has ever seen

EE: Iwas happy with the outcome of the match....obviously I wanted the win....but although I lost, I wasn't beaten....the greatest legend in the history of this business could not put me away....But if this DVD has tought you one thing it's that I'm not going to let this go....G-Rich and I will meet again....and I will have my vindication.

G-Rich: Someday in the future we will face off again, I am sure of it, and then the outcome may be different. But I gain satisfaction in knowing that I beat you, and I hope you use this loss to me as a motivating force to get back to the top. Because Ewan, you belong at the top.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7bP8Uuf79WM

*”Back Into Your System” By Saliva plays as the highlight of “The Best Of Ewan Edwards” flashes across our screen in a hazy slow motion.*

Female Narrator: As the wrestling world waits for Edwards/Rich 2, we have to ask the question, What is in the immediate future for Ewan Edwards?

EE: The way I see it is I've done almost everythign I've set out to do in Wrestling....First ever TV Champion....Tormer Hardcore Champion....A carrer record of 20-8-1....I've made the name Edwards mean something again.... and I've proven that I am every bit as good as any man who has ever stepped between those ropes...the only thing left is to be FWA World Champion....and I promise you....I will be...sooner than you think.

Male Narrator: So there it is....a tale of family...friendship...love....betrayal...and triumph over adversity.

Female Narrator: During his on and off year and a half with FWA Ewan has done many things...he has won championships...amazed fans and colleagues alike with his abilities inside a ring, and influenced an army of rising stars....most notably the current X Champion Lt. Wyoming

Lt.Wyoming: Ewan Edwards...is....'da man! He is bad and I mean that in a good way. He can take any wrestler to the next level. I was jus' startin' out in the minors when I ordered the Mile High PPV and saw Ewan Edwards win the T.V. title on his debut to me that was jus' unfathomable I couldn't wrap my head around someone that great. I studied Ewan a lot after that. His style, the way he talked, held himself. He is the complete package he can make any match an instant classic. I'd love to face him one day reckon' he'd tear my hide to bits but man to be in the ring with such a technical master. He's jus' that kind of superstar you can truly look up to.

Male Narrator: And as long as he is able he vows to continue providing us with memorable moments.

EE: Mark my words...you aint seen nothing yet....The best is yet to come.

Female Narrator: So be sure to join us for volume two....when “The Legacy Continues!”
Cruel Britannia
Cruel Britannia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down