The Phoenix Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Simply" Shawn Cortez...

Go down

"Simply" Shawn Cortez... Empty "Simply" Shawn Cortez...

Post  Cryonix Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:30 am

"Simply" Shawn Cortez... 34glik6

"Simply" Shawn Cortez... Iz5b7n

"Simply" Shawn Cortez... CFWorld
Your first EVER reigning...and defending...World Heavyweight Champion...

Name: "Simply" Shawn Cortez

Height: 6'4

Weight: 245

Hometown: Pheonix, Arizona

Nickname: Mr. Controversy, The Unwelcome Savior...Smile

Manager: None

Associates: Jillian De Silva, Ewan Edwards, Madison West, Ashley O'Ryan, Moira Crawford, Ashley O'Ryan

Current Feuds: Bullseye Johnson and Jack Servino

FWA accomplishments: First Ever Crossfire World Heavyweight Champion (1x) from 8/3/08 till 9/28/08, Former Head Trainer of the Icebox, 5th person in FWA history to go 9-0, First person in FWA history to go 10-0, 2008 FWA Rookie of the Year, 2008 Funniest Superstar of the Year, 2008 Best Kiss of the Year (w/ Madison), 2008 Funniest Promo of the Year, First Superstar in FWA history to have a promo pulled from televison.

Non-FWA accomplishments: AJPW World Champion, NJPW Heavyweight Champion, FMW King of the Deathmatch, AWW World Heavyweight Champion, AWW United States Champion

Type (Face or Heel): Tweener

Style of Wrestling: Ground based Mixed Martial Arts with an English Chain wrestling slant...he also combines a technical expertise with a 'catch as catch can' style speed.

Gimmick (i.e. respected, hated, bully, etc.): Fun loving a*shole...

FWA Win/Loss Record: 15-6-0

FWA History

- 5/23/08: (Debut) vs. Narc: Win
- 5/30/08: vs. Will Spear: Win (Most Controversial Promo in FWA History, 2008 Funniest Promo of the Year)
- 6/6/08: vs. Mr. Money: Win
- 6/13/08: vs. Mountain Rush: Win
- 6/20/08: Week Off
- 6/29/08: (Desert Storm PPV) /w Bullseye Johnson vs. Nathan Swift and Matt Boudreau: Win
- 7/05/08: FWA Draft (Was Drafted to CrossFire)
- 7/12/08: vs. Marcus Sikvayugak: Win
- 7/19/08: vs. The Young Money Billionaires (Dwayne Carter and Mr. Money): Win
- 7/26/08: vs. Mark Reynolds: Win
- 8/3/08: (Red, White and Bruised PPV) vs. Darnell Porter for the World Heavyweight Championship: Win
- 8/7/08: FWA 3rd Anniversary Show vs. Ryan Hall: Win (Record Setter)
- 9/28/08: (Mile High PPV) vs. Stu "The Snake" St. Clair: Loss
- 10/17/08: w/ Wolf vs. The Age of the Fallen (Stu "The Snake" St. Clair and Ashley O'Ryan): Loss
- 11/2/08: (Trial by Fire PPV) vs. Stu "The Snake" St. Clair: Loss
- 11/22/08: vs. Baphomet: Win
- 12/7/08: (Betrayal PPV) vs. Stu "The Snake" St. Clair for the World Heavyweight Championship: Loss
- 12/30/08: (Tribute to the Troops) vs. Raquel Wednesday in a Street Fight: Win
- 1/24/09: vs. Ashley O'Ryan w/ Stu St. Clair as the Special Guest Ref: Win
- 2/1/09: vs. Lt. Wyoming w/ Madison West as the Special Guest Ref: Loss
- 2/25/09: vs. Devin Golden: Win
- 3/6/09: vs. Darnell Porter: Win
- ?/?/??: (Back in Business PPV) vs. Bullseye Johnson: Loss

Current FWA Fueds: None as of current...

Finisher(s): "It's Simply Over": Grounded Heel Hook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTFv5K4u6j4&feature=player_embedded

"Simply the Best!": Corkscrew Neckbreaker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlcmXji8djY&feature=player_embedded

5 perfected wrestling moves: Suplexes of all kinds and variants, Dragon Screw Leg Whip, Chop Block, Fireman's Carry Slam

Appearance:

"Simply" Shawn Cortez... Cortezrender

Entrance Theme (If you wish to include one): "Back to School" by the Deftones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMPtIhAPnn4
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Introduction Promo (and best promo to date):

This promo, entitled, “The Dying Embers...” is brought to you by simply the BEST the FWA has to offer…

"Simply" Shawn Cortez... Cprtez

…Your current reigning…and defending

"Simply" Shawn Cortez... CFWorld

({Begin Scene!} Legacy…History…Memoires…All those things that we aspire to, dream of and chase after…are honestly standing right in front of us the whole time, just waiting to be claimed. Many people have often speculated how people felt on the eve of creating history, becoming a part of legend and folklore. Did Brutus weep the night before he stabbed Caesar…did Joan of Arc’s resolve waver in lieu of the battle to come…did Christ Almighty ask for another way that mankind’s sins might be forgiven a mere couple of hours before he was arrested? The countless thoughts of what MIGHT be weigh on the heads of those that are destined for greatness…the night before they step into their destiny…and it is no different with our World Heavyweight Champion, “Simply” Shawn Cortez. A mere couple of hours before the storied three year history of the Fantasy Wrestling Alliance is to be honored and celebrated, our champion sits in darkness…in a non-descript location…with only his thoughts to keep him company. As the cameraman sets his bags down and busily sets up his camera, Shawn seems to be a picture of concentration. He sits in a mid backed reclining chair, olive green by the looks of it, resting his elbows on his knees…his hands folded. He doesn’t seem to be concentrating on anything in particular, but he doesn’t seem to be staring off into space, either. He is dressed rather comfortably today, an emotion…a state of being that betrays his true immediate nature. Blue cargo jeans and black gym shoes adorn the champion’s lower body, and a black Sandman t-shirt and leather jacket complete the ensemble…though noticeably missing his fifteen pound of silver, known to all as the World Heavyweight Championship. His hair is long, as it has been prone to be in these latest couple of visits with the camera, a little wild at the edges and a huge band aid that covers the stitches which were a gift from a certain snake. The cameraman finishes his set up and turns the camera on, but doesn’t say a word. He knows that this time belongs to Shawn, and he will begin whenever he is ready. Shawn takes a deep breath, slowly exhaling. The voice that escapes his lips is not that of the jovial, fun loving Shawn that we know and love…but of a man that has been tried and tested, and now bears the burden of a history making performance on his shoulders. He is tired…so very tired…)

Shawn: You know…the more that I look on the Unholy Uprising, and the way they do business…the more I can’t help but shake my head…but not in disgust…in sadness. I often wonder to myself…what would make perfectly good and talented wrestlers, who have the capability, drive and determination to become exactly what we are honoring at anniversary show…stalwarts of history…hit people from behind with lead pipes…beat up defenseless men and women…cheat to earn their victories…

…in short…what would make men, and in the case of Jenny, women…I think…who are in search of glory, take roads and avenues that would lead to the exact OPPOSITE of what they seek? Maybe it’s a question that shouldn’t be asked…or doesn’t really have an answer…but I’ve been pondering that for quite a while now, and I just feel…in light of Stu St. Clair…that no good, thieving son of a b*tch…stealing my World Heavyweight Championship belt and thinking it would be in his best interest to manipulate a love struck woman…just so he could crack me over the head with a steel pipe. I guess I should feel honored. I was assaulted by the hooded man, just like Ewan and Jillian and Tony J. I guess, in this weekend of memories, Stu saw fit to bring back the UU’s humble, pathetic beginnings.

(Shawn’s eyes narrow, a fierce intensity seeping through…)

Shawn: How sweet of you, Stu. I really hope you enjoyed the small moral victory that you had on Crossfire, Stu…because, remember what I told you. Shawn Cortez always pays his debts…

…and I owe you big time.

(Shawn’s eyes flare up just a bit…but then settle back into that comfortable intensity that has been on display since the beginning. He reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls out a black Zippo lighter, and starts to roll it between his fingers carefully…)

Shawn: But…Stu St. Clair is business for another day. What I’m a here to talk about is a bit…larger in scope…than a simple snake. What I’m here to talk about…is Mr. History himself, the heart of the Unholy Uprising…and that man would be…”The Inferno” Ryan Hall. One of only five other people in FWA history to ever go nine straight wins…without a defeat. Tonight, I step in the ring with the supposed BEST the world has to offer…and I find that my thoughts trail towards fire and the meaning behind the Inferno

(Shawn flicks the lighter once…and a beautiful reddish orange flame springs forth. Shawn seems to peer right past the flame…and into the camera’s lens…)

Shawn: When most people look at you, Ryan…this is what they see. A strong flame…the torch that lights the way for the Fantasy Wrestling Alliance. Most of the wrestlers on the roster would kill for your in ring knowledge, your invaluable experience, your promo-cutting skills…your girlfriend. Face it, bub…most people on the roster…including yourself…see you as the “God” of the Fantasy Wrestling Alliance. Heh, must be nice to be thought of in such a high regard…

…But then again…that’s only…MOST people.

The way I see it, Ryan…is that you have crested, my friend. You’ve reached the peak. You aren’t the man that you were. People fear you because of your…reputation. They call you great, because of your numerous accomplishments…but only a few of us have ever seen your character…the true man behind the curtain, who is desperate to keep people from the truth…

…and that truth is…your Inferno…is burning out.

(Shawn releases the lighter’s lever bit by bit, and the flame grows lower…and lower…until it is snuffed out. Shawn smirks at this and continues…)

Shawn: You’ve lost your edge, Ryan…not that it was that sharp to begin with. See, ever since you came into this federation…you’ve been associated with the best…the Resistance, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen…and now the Unholy Uprising. You have never…NEVER stood on your own two feet and grabbed the glory that you now claim to be. You built your success on the backs of other people’s hard work and sacrifice…just so you could get ahead with them as they advanced up the ladder, building your reputation with nine straight victories and very little else. It’s no shock to see you dropping the Hardcore title and jumping straight into the World Title picture…look who was running the show back then. Knowing you…you probably thought that you would just sweep in and take what eXcellence and Daniel Sinclair left for you, right? Ah…but here’s where you ran into trouble…by the name of Sean Kelleher. He never made it easy for you, did he Ryan? You saw your reputation…your legacy of being the best…overshadowed by the Angel of Hopelessness. That made you a desperate man…trying anything you could to top him…and it all coming to a head with the most barbaric match ever devised…Trial By Fire. You remember this one, don’tcha, Ryan? You finally…FINALLY beat Kelleher…with help…and you finally held the gold you coveted for so long in your hands…but then what happened, Ryan? All that you knew…betrayed you, didn’t they? Threw you into that same blazing inferno along with your nemesis. I wonder…what was going through your mind when eXcellence gave you that Bomb of Greatness? Did you think that you were making history…or did you wonder how people…so much better than you…could do something like that to one they considered a part of their number?

(Shawn sits back in the chair…)

Shawn: I assume at this point, you are wondering, “Why the history lesson, Cortez?” Well, with me staring history in the face…again…tonight…I figured that I should give myself a frame of reference in which to put this…encounter. See, Ryan…I’ve heard all the talk from all the people back…how I don’t deserve to be World Champion…how I’m still just an unproven rookie…all of it. I love how people sit and snicker behind my back, saying that I don’t deserve something…when clearly I’m the best wrestler on Crossfire…but again, different subject for a different day. The reason I gave the history lesson…is because, as history has shown, you don’t have the flame to survive on your own. See…a fire needs three things to survive…heat, oxygen and fuel. Let’s take a look, shall we? Heat…oh, Ryan…EVERYONE knows you have plenty of heat in this federation. It’s been well documented…the no-shows, the supposed drug abuse, the apathetic attitude, not wanting to have a shot at the North American title because you thought it was…BENEATH you…It shouldn’t be amazing to me how a heat machine such as yourself has managed to get over with the fans…it’s as plain as day, isn’t it? The fans LOATHE you…because you feel that you can do whatever you want…whenever you want…and be rewarded for it just because you know some people who have pull in this company. It’s truly sickening to watch you parade around Fight Night, calling yourself champion…when other, hard working and more deserving individuals clearly deserve the title more than you do. No Ryan…as long as you are wearing those cheap ass suits and aviator rip offs…you will ALWAYS have heat, so that’s out. What’s next on the list…ah…oxygen.

(Shawn stands and walks towards a window and opens it. The breeze rushes into the room, instantly cooling it a few degrees. Various horns and bells and whistles waft in through the open window…displaying the activity of another Vegas night…)

Shawn: Oxygen…that which gives us life. Everyone knows that oxygen is odorless and colorless…but did you remember your high school chemistry class, Ryan? Oxygen…needs a partner molecule to BE oxygen. Kind of like yourself…and the topic I brought up earlier in our little trip down memory lane. You are incapable of being on your own…you can’t function unless you are around people you designate as your equals. Case in point, the League. Dan Sinclair and eXcellence are going into the Hall of Fame, Ryan…the Hall of Fame…and your rival…not you…is spoken in the same breath as them…and that chokes you up…douses your flame a little. See, you beat us over the head with your supposed greatness…just because behind it all, your nothing but a immature, insecure little boy driven by baseless desire to be bigger than he is. You are chasing after the ghosts of those who have gone before, wearing the same belt that you do now…and you are slowly falling behind. The air is rather thin at the top, isn’t it Ryan? Being at the top for too long…your senses dull…you lose a step, maybe two…and you become nothing more than Hulk Hogan, trying to hang onto his youth and the glory days of his career…when clearly, your best days have passed you by. Honestly, it’s a grim and sobering reminder that we don’t have long in this business...and that we must be prepared to accept the end when it comes. So, though you have enough heat to last a lifetime…your oxygen has been slowly decreasing month after month, proving you are nowhere near the flame you once were. Geez, Ryan…it’s not looking too good for you is it?

(Shawn walks over to a corner of the room, out of the camera’s view…and reemerges…with a gas can. He opens the top and gives it a quick sniff…and obviously not liking the smell. He smiles as he walks around the room, slowly starting to empty the contents of the gas can in various places…)

Shawn: That would bring us to the final thing fire needs to sustain itself…and that would be fuel. Now to be honest, Ryan…I had to noodle about with this one…cause I don’t know what drives you anymore. Before, it used to be a burning desire to be the best…but now…what? It can’t be championships…because you don’t get out of bed unless it’s a world title match, right? So that’s out. It can’t be making the Unholy Uprising the most dominant stable around…cause that’s done, so that’s out. So what exactly could you be chasing…what fuels you now? Well…I have the answer, Ryan.

…Nothing.

(Shawn finishes up dousing the room in gasoline, making a show of wiping his hands. He pulls out that Zippo lighter again…)

Shawn: See Ryan, you have not a leg to stand on here in this federation anymore. No desire, no drive…no fire. You already think you’re the best in that cramp little head of yours, so you’ve grown complacent, soft…cold. It’s a shame that one of the game’s best…simply doesn’t care anymore, but I guess that has always been the case with you, hasn’t it? I, on the other hand, will not make your mistakes. I will honor my World Championship, make it the most prestigious in the entire FWA…and work with other to make sure that my LEGACY will continue to pave the way for future champions. I know where my fuel comes from. I am just heading to the top so I have plenty of oxygen…

…now all I need…especially from the UU…is just a little…heat.

(Shawn lights the lighter and throws it a spot on the floor. The flame rushes to life, consuming everything it touches…)

Shawn: This match isn’t just the cusp of history for me, Ryan…it is where my inferno overtakes yours...the whole world will see now…without a shadow of a doubt, Mr. Hall…that while you were one great wrestler…

…you were NEVER…simply the BEST.

(Shawn gives a quick smirk, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a note. He drops it on the floor and walks out of the shot. The camera zooms in on the words of the card, just before it is consumed in the heat of the flames…

“Since it’s a time of remembrance, Ryan…I guess this is appropriate…Failure breeds contempt…and failure breeds hope…and somewhere in the middle…I will surpass you…

…God Bless the Hope of the Future…Yours truly, Shawn Cortez.”

The camera fades to black…{End Scene!}

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Superstar Base Pic (Post a picture of what your character looks like, or resembles): See above

"Simply" Shawn Cortez... Cprtez

"Simply" Shawn Cortez... Cortez
Cryonix
Cryonix

Back to top Go down