The Phoenix Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shawn Cortez and Frank Duffy Present...Breaking Kayfabe Part 1

+2
Cruel Britannia
Cryonix
6 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Shawn Cortez and Frank Duffy Present...Breaking Kayfabe Part 1 Empty Shawn Cortez and Frank Duffy Present...Breaking Kayfabe Part 1

Post  Cryonix Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:49 pm

Shawn Cortez and Frank Duffy Present...Breaking Kayfabe Part 1 Henrys2

Welcome to 'Breaking Kayfabe', the newest Gastropub creation from the minds of Frank Duffy and Shawn Cortez. The bar has many microbrews on tap as well as 5 types of Root beer, Ginger Ale and other non-alchoholic drinks on tap. They also serve very high end bar food, with a intresting asian fusion twist. Come join us for GCW pay per views live on our 7 high definition televisions...as well as the after party for the wrestlers here.

Come have a drink with us!
Cryonix
Cryonix

Back to top Go down

Shawn Cortez and Frank Duffy Present...Breaking Kayfabe Part 1 Empty Re: Shawn Cortez and Frank Duffy Present...Breaking Kayfabe Part 1

Post  Cruel Britannia Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:58 pm

Alex looks around visibly impressed.

"Hmmmn.... I remember Uncle Shawn showing me the blueprints..... didn't think he could top the Phoenix Lounge but the old ass-wrangler did it."
Cruel Britannia
Cruel Britannia

Back to top Go down

Shawn Cortez and Frank Duffy Present...Breaking Kayfabe Part 1 Empty Re: Shawn Cortez and Frank Duffy Present...Breaking Kayfabe Part 1

Post  Pockets Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:03 pm

Alexis whips out her camera.

Alexis: I wonder if Uncle Frank will remember me. I haven't seen him in years.
Pockets
Pockets

Back to top Go down

Post  Cryonix Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:06 pm

The new place is already hopping with patrons. The drinks are flowing and the smells of burgers, brats, ribs and asian style cuisine fills the senses with warmth. Behind the bar, Frank is serving up cocktails, spirits and drafts.

The incredible social skills of the Executive Chef, Shawn Cortez, is amazing. He is all at once meeting and greating his customers and keeping his kitchen in line.
Cryonix
Cryonix

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruel Britannia Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:07 pm

"I wouldn't be surprised.... you're not an easy person to forget."

Alex looks towards her and smiles.

"You brought your camera......"
Cruel Britannia
Cruel Britannia

Back to top Go down

Post  Pockets Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:19 pm

Alexis raises her eyebrows at Alex.

Alexis: Of course!
Pockets
Pockets

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruel Britannia Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:21 pm

"No.... it's just weird, you left it at home earlier. The low battery light was on so I put it on charge. ...... The little red light on the front is the low battery light right?"
Cruel Britannia
Cruel Britannia

Back to top Go down

Post  Pockets Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:27 pm

Alexis shakes her head.

Alexis: No, there isn't a low battery light. If it's not charging the red light means it's on... oh fuck, I left it on. That explains why I had so little memory. I'm gonna have to look through the stuff I downloaded onto my laptop. Thanks for charging it for me.
Pockets
Pockets

Back to top Go down

Post  Cryonix Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:31 pm

Shawn sees the kids walk in and he walks over to them...

Shawn: HOLY SHIT I KNOW YOU TWO!...~laughs~ Long time no see, kids. I understand that Micah set this all up for you guys...
Cryonix
Cryonix

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruel Britannia Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:34 pm

Alex laughs.

"Hey don't mention it, a guy's be useful every once in a while."

He goes over to Shawn and give him a manly hug.

"Uncle Shawn..... the place looks great.... no wonder you haven't been round much recently."
Cruel Britannia
Cruel Britannia

Back to top Go down

Post  Cryonix Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:37 pm

Shawn: Eh, God. Between this, the Chicago Icebox and the Pheonix Lounge....

Shawn seeminly looks at the person reading this post and says, 'yes...you named this place after my restraunt...fuckers...'

...I've been going between here, Chicago and New York like every three days or so...
Cryonix
Cryonix

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruel Britannia Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:41 pm

"Well at least you're not getting lazy in your old age eh?"

He leads Shawn over to Alexis

"You remember Alexis right? My...... roomate."
Cruel Britannia
Cruel Britannia

Back to top Go down

Post  Pockets Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:41 pm

Alexis raises her eyebrows.

Alexis: And I thought our schedule was brutal.
Pockets
Pockets

Back to top Go down

Post  Cryonix Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:44 pm

Shawn: Of course I remember Alexis. I trained her ya know? How's your body of a fifth grader mom doing, Lexi?
Cryonix
Cryonix

Back to top Go down

Post  Jabberwocky Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:45 pm

Colin and Frank walk in together, mid convo

Colin: So Duffy's never reopened after that?

Frank: Nah. Bastard didn't want to give the rights back. Made no sense to me. But your father turned into a real bitter man.

Colin: You preach to the choir Frank.

Frank: Your old man on meds or anything?

Colin: Meds? Uh not that I know of.

Frank: Huh, well...Take a look around. I got to go fine Shawn.

Jabberwocky

Back to top Go down

Post  Pockets Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:46 pm

Alexis shrugs.

Alexis: I guess she's fine. Haven't really talked to her since I moved.
Pockets
Pockets

Back to top Go down

Post  Cryonix Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:49 pm

Shawn: I figure she is busy as hell with with helping run the Tampa Icebox....and her...ahem...new boyfriend.

Shawn looks at Alex...

Shawn: Speaking of boyfriends, Alexis...how is this guy keeping that apartment I found for him?
Cryonix
Cryonix

Back to top Go down

Post  Pockets Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:51 pm

Alexis eyes Shawn warily.

Alexis: What do you mean "speaking of boyfriends?" And he's keeping it fine.
Pockets
Pockets

Back to top Go down

Post  Jabberwocky Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:57 pm

Frank walks over to Shawn
"Shawn, we have the inspector coming in two hours so you know and...
he looks over at Alexis
"If you're not the spitting image of your mother. Dear lord I haven't seen you in...geeze I have no idea how long"

Colin, who has helped himself to a ginger ale stands now next to Shawn
"So you've gone from being his boss to business partners. You treated Franky better then my dad ever did."

Jabberwocky

Back to top Go down

Post  Cryonix Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:02 pm

Shawn: Frank, for the last time, man...don't worry about the inspector. I know the guy. He inspected the 'Lounge'. Hell, he was the one that gave me my...oh wait...the kids don't know the good news yet...
Cryonix
Cryonix

Back to top Go down

Post  Pockets Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:02 pm

Alexis hugs her "Uncle" Frank, and laughs a little awkwardly.

Alexis: Please don't say that! And it's been too long, hasn't it?
Pockets
Pockets

Back to top Go down

Post  Jabberwocky Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:06 pm

Frank:"Damn well feels like it kid."

Colin looks puzzled
Colin: "Why is it when ever you mention good news I get the feeling somebody is going to be going to confessional for a long long time after, Shawn?"

Jabberwocky

Back to top Go down

Post  Cryonix Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:11 pm

Shawn: No no, nothing like that. The Pheonix Lounge just recieived it's third Michelin Star and Breaking Kayfabe, if we pass inspection...

...which we will, Frank...

...we will earn our first Michelin Star.
Cryonix
Cryonix

Back to top Go down

Post  Jabberwocky Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:14 pm

Frank raises a brow
"Who would have thought having a place that didn't burn down several times would be a successful business model..."

Jabberwocky

Back to top Go down

Post  Cruel Britannia Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:16 pm

"Yeah..... uh.... sorry bout that Frank. Congrats Shawn."
Cruel Britannia
Cruel Britannia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next